Do MiFi updates count against your data limit?
Beppino46

This evening my MiFi 5510L popped up a message saying that there was an update available so I went ahead and updated.  A little while later I received a message that I had reached 75% of my 2GB data limit.  That leaves me with two questions.  1) Does the download of the update count against your data limit?  If so, why wasn't I warned about it?  2) Does 1.3GB sound reasonable for the size of an update for this device?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Do MiFi updates count against your data limit?
jbmcdroid
Contributor - Level 1

Any download of files, including updates, whilst connected to mobile data networks will be charged against your data plan. Downloading files, regardless of type, whilst connected to a home or other Wi-Fi service, should not be added to accrued data in your data plan's limit or overage charges. Always best to document your data/wifi usage with on-device screenshots, especially If you're using Verizon's message alerts to manage your data usage.

On several occasions my monthly cycle billing statement showed incorrect duplication of data charges that exceeded data usage stated in Verizon's message alerts (data usage that agreed with on-device data usage, but not with billing statement) for which data credits were applied to my account by Verizon Customer Service.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Do MiFi updates count against your data limit?
jbmcdroid
Contributor - Level 1

Any download of files, including updates, whilst connected to mobile data networks will be charged against your data plan. Downloading files, regardless of type, whilst connected to a home or other Wi-Fi service, should not be added to accrued data in your data plan's limit or overage charges. Always best to document your data/wifi usage with on-device screenshots, especially If you're using Verizon's message alerts to manage your data usage.

On several occasions my monthly cycle billing statement showed incorrect duplication of data charges that exceeded data usage stated in Verizon's message alerts (data usage that agreed with on-device data usage, but not with billing statement) for which data credits were applied to my account by Verizon Customer Service.

0 Likes