Dismal speeds
MBHfromNH

hello

in zip 03461

bought jetpack to live stream public meetings via Facebook through my iPhone 7. Having audio and video quality issues. Facebook needs min if 2 mbps on upload speed. Test with 2.4 or 5 reveals up and download speeds below 2mbps With the exception of a huge spike in speed when the test switches from download to upload. Is there something I can try in settings to help. I’ve returned to factory default settings.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Dismal speeds
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the importance to live stream your meetings MBHfromNH. I am sure we will figure out what is going on with your services. I do appreciate you testing your speeds and factory resetting the device. Are you having the same issue with your iPhone 7? How far do you have to go for your service to get better? Is anyone else having this issue? 

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MBHfromNH

There is a large 4g tower located about 1/2 mile away. I have decent service on my iPhone in this location that I am live-streaming from but Facebook live requires WIFi. The WiFi in the building I am live-streaming from isn’t available to the public

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details. Let's continue to work together. There are no open alerts in this area. When did you start experiencing these issues? What model Jetpack do you have? Does this happen at specific times? How many devices do you have connected to your Jetpack? 

CoreyM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MBHfromNH

I have owned the device for about a month.  The problem started when I started using it in the location I described shortly after purchase.  The only device connected to the jetpack is my iphone 7.  The model is the Verizon Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile hotspot AC791L.  Is there a way to tell that I am connected to that tower.  I do get the 4G showing on my screen, just can't get good enough upload speed (2 mbps or better)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MBHfromNH, we appreciate this key information. While there isn’t a specific way to determine which tower you’re currently connected to, we can keep troubleshooting this together. While you have your iPhone 7 connected to the Jetpack, do you notice any issues streaming anything else besides Facebook live? Also, have you tried using the Jetpack outdoors or in any other locations?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes