Cant access Admin page Ellipsis mhs815l
Ynot2JZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

So before my problem accured, i was able to access admin page and was changing settings. I remember disabling VPN passthrough, changing the channel, and enabling privacy separator, and some numbers dealing with the modem addresses. But after the saving and reboot, when i try accessing my. Jetpack or 192.168.1.1, nothing happens. My browser informs me im offline n so on. And i cant factory reset my jetpack unless thro the admin page. Ive removed batter, sim and pushed and held the reboot button. I dont know what else to do... The SIM  works in my phone for a hotspot but its a whole new pain to deal with. Any help id really appreciate.

0 Likes
Re: Cant access Admin page Ellipsis mhs815l
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to use your device as intended, Ynot2jZ. Please clear the DNS Cache on Windows AND clear DNS Cache on  Browsers( also clear browsing history data):  clearing the cache via ipconfig /flushdns you need to open the command prompt with Administrator Permissions (Run as Administrator) .

Let us know if you are still unable to use your Ellipsis MHS815l after doing these steps.

JoshuaT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Ynot2JZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

NO. This did not work. Its showing my default gateway as nothing. There are no numbers for it under ipconfig. Im connected to the jetpack but have limited connection status. I still cannot access 192.168.1.1 or my.jetpack. Is it possible for you guys to factory reset it from your end? Or change my device settings to a working order?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ynot2JZ, we want this to work for you. I apologize. We're unable to factory reset that device remotely from here. Is that device connected to prepaid or postpaid service? What operating system is being used? Are you using Android, Apple iOS, Macintosh, or Windows?

For more device support, click http://vz.to/2o2blnB

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ynot2JZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its prepaid. Ive used Android and Windows. The device is obviously not gonna work properly. Ill buy something else.

0 Likes
weakley3459
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same problem.  While trying to set up an IP Camera on my friend's JetPack MHS815L,  I changed some settings... the camera, of course, still is showing to be offline no matter how I try to access it but to make matters worse, now I can not log in to her my.jetpack page to put settings back.  I am using my Verizon Ellipsis Tablet logged in on her wifi.   have cleared "browser history" but don't know how to run ipconfig on my tablet.  Don't have wifi on my pc so can't go that route.  I can access internet ...  web pages load with no problem just not 192.168.1  I have done the reset button ...  powered down and removed and replaced sim card but nothing is helping.   Total bummer ...  I've already installed and set up SIX of these cameras - three on my Verizon Voice/Data Router and three on another friend's Verizon Mobile hot spot without tooo much trouble but now it seems I have messed up my friend's Jetpack.  Will I have to buy her a new one??      P L E A S E    HELP!!! 

Ynot2JZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cant even access the Internet. Just says unable to obtain IP address. And when i make a static IP, i just have limited connection status. I called support and some chick who of course barley spoke or understood english, kept telling me to remove my Sim card than she just hung up on me cuz shes horrible at her job. Really blow my mind how with some of the older jetpacks yiu can factory reset them without going to the admin page. Pissed that i wasted money on this junk. And none of the support kniw what to do so, they ignore my questions, tell me shit thats irrelevant, or hang up on me and punk me  out. I just want internet.

weakley3459
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was wrong yesterday...  THOUGHT I could still get to internet but NOW I get the DNS error for everything I try to access.  This "gadget" is garbage.  The one I was working with belongs to my friend...  it is barely three months old and has never provided internet  speed as "advertised".  She asked me to please call tech support today and I guess I will since this disaster is my fault for changing settings.  BUT how bogus for a device to ALLOW change to settings that then will not allow one access to change back or to other settings or do the factory default reset.  I'm quite irked about this.  In the first place, when my friend wanted wifi at her house she already had Verizon home phone...  I "suggested" she go get the Verizon router with home phone, LAN internet AND wifi.  The lovely salesman talked her into keeping her Home phone device and just add this Jetpack...  convinced her since this is a mobile device and can make wifi hotspot anywhere.  Well golly gee jeepers so is her smart phone she was already paying for makes a mobile hotspot AND NOW she has to pay for an extra line whereas the router device uses ONE line for home phone and internet for ONE charge per month.  GGRRRRR    Also, I took my router to her house... just across the road from me AND my internet speeds were at least 25% faster than this "JETpack".  disgusting  ...   If I can't make this POS device function by Saturday WE...  not just her but me tooo!!!  are going to the local store to talk about this situation.

Ynot2JZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree its quite screwed up. Im definitely gonna explore other providers, with data plans that aren't garbage. Lemme know how your in store visit goes.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear about all the issues you're having with your device weeakley3459. I recommend contacting our Prepaid team at 1-888-294-6804 for technical assistance to get this resolved.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes