Can I use my jetpack to stream from my Fire Stick?
NG04

Can I use my MiFi Jetpack to stream the Amazon fire stick to my TV or is it not fast enough to do that? Will it buffer?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Using jetpack for Fire Stick
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

>Can I use my MiFi Jetpack to stream the Amazon fire stick to my TV or is it not fast enough to do that?

Yes, as long as your firestick is configured to the same WiFi band as your Jetpack and is within its wireless range.

> Will it buffer?

That will depend on the service you are receiving from VZW at the time and that location.  Full 4G LTE should be sufficient to watch streaming video services.

That being said you will want to be very cautious if you plan to offload your primary TV/streaming services to a Jetpack on a metered data plan.  Streaming audio and video is one of the easiest ways to rack up tons of data if you are not careful and watch your plan.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might be possible. Does that device need a public IP address to work properly? You could easily blow through lots of data if you don't have the right plan and be charged for overages.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

>Can I use my MiFi Jetpack to stream the Amazon fire stick to my TV or is it not fast enough to do that?

Yes, as long as your firestick is configured to the same WiFi band as your Jetpack and is within its wireless range.

> Will it buffer?

That will depend on the service you are receiving from VZW at the time and that location.  Full 4G LTE should be sufficient to watch streaming video services.

That being said you will want to be very cautious if you plan to offload your primary TV/streaming services to a Jetpack on a metered data plan.  Streaming audio and video is one of the easiest ways to rack up tons of data if you are not careful and watch your plan.

0 Likes