Can I use my jetpack in place of my home internet
TIMMAD5036
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am curious if I can use a jet-pack MiFi in place of my home internet? I stream live TV. and use netflix.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I use my jetpack in place of my home internet
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Jetpack wasn't really designed to be an always on Internet device. It is meant to be used as a short term access point.

Verizon Wireless has a different device which can be used as a primary unit.

View solution in original post

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Jetpack wasn't really designed to be an always on Internet device. It is meant to be used as a short term access point.

Verizon Wireless has a different device which can be used as a primary unit.

John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Yes you can use it this way but I wouldn't recommend it without more information.  Verizon has better devices that are intended for 24x7 home internet connection scenarios such as USB+Router combos, 4G LTE home routers and 4G LTE Internet Installed.

Jetpacks were designed as a temporary internet access device.  They are underpowered and suffer from various issues when used for long periods of time.  You can use them as a modem for your home network, but there are many other devices that can do everything a Jetpack can do and better.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question, Timmad5036. I personally would not recommend replacing your home internet with a jetpack or Mi-Fi unless you do not plan to use it often. The Unlimited Data plans come with speed adjustments after using 15GB per billing cycle. You can use this link to learn more: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/new-verizon-plan-unlimited-faqs/

JoshuaT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

huh1
Enthusiast - Level 1

"Verizon has better devices that are intended for 24x7 home internet connection scenarios such as USB+Router combos, 4G LTE home routers and 4G LTE Internet Installed."

Can you give examples of these devices?  All I see are the jetpacks and hotspots.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's a good question about using your Jetpack mobile internet in place of your home internet, Huh1. Let me help you with your question, and I appreciate the feedback from the last response from a fellow community member. The Jetpack for mobile data internet would have features and data packages if you intended to replace home internet . Here's a link to these plans https://www.verizon.com/plans/single-device-plan/ . However, bear in mind your mobile data speeds may be a concern, and it depends on how you want to use your data. However, home internet via a router does have benefits because of being able to use Wi-Fi calling or connect to Wi-Fi data. Does this help?     

EdwinW_VZW

Reach out to us on Twitter @VZWsupport.com

0 Likes