WiFi with Travel Pass
rosebug72

If you are using WiFi while traveling, will you be charged the daily travel pass?

0 Likes
Re: WiFi with Travel Pass
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Travel Pass has to do with cell data, not WiFi.  Make sure your cell data is OFF or phone is in airplane mode so you don't inadvertently activate a Travel Pass charge.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to see you stay connected while away from home, rosebug72. I can help review your options. What country are you traveling to? How much do you feel you may use the phone away from WiFi? Yale_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question, rosebug72. When you arrive in a TravelPass country and turn on your device, you'll receive an international welcome text message. Your 24-hour access to TravelPass won't begin until you make or receive a phone call, send a text or use data Within 2 hours of triggering TravelPass, you'll receive a text message letting you know when your 24-hour session will end. If you continue to use your device after the 24-hour session, you'll be charged another daily fee and get another 24-hour session. Note: If you have Above Unlimited, TravelPass charges will begin on day 6 of your trip. Your first 5 TravelPass 24-hour sessions are included with your plan, you don't need to opt-in every day. A new 24-hour session starts if you make or receive a phone call, send a text or use data.

0 Likes