Why did my phone not respect Daylight Savings Time in Europe?
las14

This week I went to Barcelona.  I couldn't get phone service ('limited service'), but it did adjust the time to the London/Lisbon time zone.  I'm assuming that's the last time the phone had service, because London/Lisbon is 1 hour closer to us than Barcelona.  On the other hand, the phone said that 'DST' was 'off.'  I know that we were an hour behind Barcelona time on our phone and only avoided a disaster by accident.

Does anyone know for sure why we were an hour behind in Barcelona?

tia

las

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why did my phone not respect Daylight Savings Time in Europe?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

las14,

I'm saddened to hear that your phone service was not all that it could have been while you were enjoying your time while abroad in Barcelona. Although I've never been there myself, it's one of my bucket-list destinations to visit. Now, let's work together to address the Daylight Savings Time concern that you ran into so you won't have to worry about avoiding any future disasters like this one you mentioned.

When it comes to updates on the device as well as clock settings, the phone will need to be connected to a network to be able to make the necessary changes. Otherwise, the clock would need to be adjusted manually. For future trips, just in case any other issues arise, I would recommend reaching out to us on Facebook (http://spr.ly/6606EZmjO) or Twitter (http://spr.ly/6607EZmjP) to ensure are speedy response. This will allow us to troubleshoot in real time so we can all avoid worrying while you are traveling.

To be sure you're good to go, are there any issues with your time currently? Also, to set you up for future success, what is the make and model of your phone so we can send a handy support link for you?

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Why did my phone not respect Daylight Savings Time in Europe?
bearone21
Legend

daylight saving time is a us thing!!

0 Likes