Traveling to Germany - international plan or local sim card?
JYC102189

Will be in Germany for 14 days - recommendations for international calling plans or local sim card

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Traveling to Germany - international plan or local sim card?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Global & International Services | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Global & International Services | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kevinr_vzw
Verizon Employee

JYC102189, I truly hope that you enjoy your 14 day trip to Germany. We want to make sure that you're able to have communication with your family and friends while traveling. Ann154 has provided you with an excellent link with rates and options for traveling outside the country. Please take a moment and review these details. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns on any of the International Plans.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tcad
Contributor - Level 1

One thing to think about:

If you go with the Verizon travel pass at $10.00/day, you use your existing number and people calling you from the USA don't have to learn a new number, or make an international call that they would have to pay for. You can also call or text back yo the USA for no additional charge.

If you go with a local sim card, it might be cheaper for the card per day, but it would be an international call for you to call back to the USA and for anyone here to call you over there. (And you would have to let people know your new temporary German number).

0 Likes
TNEGUN

If I get the per day or per month plan on my verizon cell while in Germany, what do people in Germany pay if they call me on my cell while in Germany.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure you know what to expect when traveling internationally is a must @TNEGUN! We are happy to read that you are familiar with our plans and options for using your device while traveling in Germany. As much as we'd love to help you, this information is something that German callers will have to check with their own providers, as we don't have details of what their rates will be. Keep us posted with any additional questions or concerns.

AbrahamS_VZW

0 Likes