Travel pass triggers
BEVCOM38

I understand answering a call activate travel pass. But if the call goes to voicemail is it activated? Or is the best way to use the do not disturb function?

0 Likes
Re: Travel pass triggers
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question and a common one, BEVCOM38. If you're attempting a call, but, it goes to voice mail, then it will activate the 24hour travel pass window. We recommend turning off your device and its roam settings or placing the device in airplane mode to prevent accidental charges. You can learn more here by clicking on this link. http://vz.to/2FeoSNt. Review #3.   

JoeyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

But, @JoeyM_VZW, what if an incoming call is not answered and goes to voice mail as the OP seemed to ask?   I wouldn't think that would trigger a TravelPass.window.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
BEVCOM38

Sorry my question was exactly that ! Does voice mail trigger Travel pass? I feel it shouldn’t but I’m not confident.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@jav6

I’m sorry we misunderstood the original question. Allow me to clarify.

If an incoming call goes to your voicemail, this will not trigger the 24-hour TravelPass session. Your 24-hour access to TravelPass won't begin until you make or receive a phone call, send a text or use data. See more details on our TravelPass FAQ here: https://vz.to/2FaZp7n. Does this help clear up the details?

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Atweiss

If my phone rings will the 24 hour period activate? Or only if I pick up the call?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Atweiss, you will only be charged if you answer the call!

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

@Atweiss wrote:

If my phone rings will the 24 hour period activate? Or only if I pick up the call?

I wouldn't be so sure about the answers you have gotten for this question. There are probably some caveats to the answers in this thread.

IF you phone is off or in airplane mode and someone calls it and it goes to voicemail, you should not get a Travel Pass trigger to start your 24 hour period.

IF your phone is on and active and it actually rings and it goes to voicemail and your phone THEN subsequently has an icon indicating you have a voicemail waiting, you WILL get a Travel Pass trigger starting your 24 hour period. The only way your phone will show the voicemail icon indicating you have a voicemail waiting is that if a minute amount of data was sent to your phone notifying it there is a voicemail waiting. That minute amount of data would trigger your 24 hour Travel Pass period.

Regardless, IF you have your phone on, not in airplane mode, with data and voice active on the device there is a very likely chance the phone and apps on it have been accessing the data network in the background which would have already activated your 24 hour Travel Pass period.

Bottom line is IF you are in a foreign country and don't want to activate your Travel Pass, your phone should be in airplane mode in which case it wouldn't ring in the first place and you would not be notified of any waiting voicemails. When you get to a location which offers wifi, you can turn on wifi without taking your phone out of airplane mode and any voicemail notifications would then show up on your device if any were waiting.

Simply having your phone on and not answering a call which rings on your device would not guarantee preventing a 24 Travel Pass period from triggering. There are MANY other things which can be going on in the background which could trigger Travel Pass. If you don't want that trigger, you should leave your phone off or in airplane mode.

0 Likes