Remove call barring in China
deep85in

I am unable to place calls to USA from China. I have travel pass for China. My data and text are working. I can also make local outgoing calls in China. But I cannot make any outgoing calls starting with +1, including Verizon customer support. It always says cannot make outgoing call when call barring is on. I have already spent around 2 hrs chatting with 3 different customer support representatives to resolve this issue. But the issue still persists. There is no option in my phone to turn off call barring, I am not sure how it got activated in the first place.

Going through this form other people have had this issue in different countries (Mexico, Costa Rica) and Verizon's answers have not resolved those either.

Please look into this call barring issue had help turn it off so we can stay connected while traveling abroad.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Remove call barring in China
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have a device that works the way you need it to when you are traveling overseas. Call Barring is a feature that is not used in the United States, but is found on some networks outside of the US. At a feature, it is determined by the network you are connected to. There are a few things you can do to try to get around Call Barring, such as toggling your HD Voice on or off, or restarting the device. Doing this may cause your device to connect to a different network that is not using Call Barring. You do not want to reset your network settings while you are overseas. You may also want to consider using an app such as Skype or WhatsApp if you are unable to make normal voice calls.

PeterP_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
saxrk4

You never answered the question...how do you turn off call barring while overseas?  I too cannot use my new phone for voice calls from London, Paris, Florence or Barcelona despite having Verizon TravelPass activated due to call barring.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes