International Charges
TODBOAT

While traveling in Europe, I want to use my phone for text and talk.  I understand the $10 international plan gives me that option.  I will be traveling for 45 days during which there will be days when the phone is not turned on at all.  Do I get charged every day, whether the phone is used or not?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: International Charges
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should only be charged for each time you use the phone in a 24 hour period for the Travel Pass option.

With a 45 day trip, you might want to consider purchasing a prepaid SIM card from the local carrier for less expensive option. Even if you use the Travel Pass option for only half of the trip that's $230 of international charges. A prepaid SIM card should be less than that for the entire trip.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should only be charged for each time you use the phone in a 24 hour period for the Travel Pass option.

With a 45 day trip, you might want to consider purchasing a prepaid SIM card from the local carrier for less expensive option. Even if you use the Travel Pass option for only half of the trip that's $230 of international charges. A prepaid SIM card should be less than that for the entire trip.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
stevenm_vzw
Verizon Employee

TODBOAT, we know you’re excited to be traveling to Europe. Ann154 has provided great information. Here is more on the TravelPass option. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/international-travel-faqs/

StevenM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Unhappywithverizon6
Enthusiast - Level 1

Feel like we were totally burned by Verizon international plan. $300 overage charge each month. Feel like I received the correct information after the fact. Roaming fee a big issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please provide us more details, Unhappywithverizon - where did you go? Did you not receive our notifications regarding international charges while you were out of the country?

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes