How does TravelPass work?
bobthebuilder1234

Would it be possible to explain the ins and outs of using this service.

I am in a Travel Pass country and have turned it on on the Verizon Website.

Main questions all assume data is turned OFF.

1: I have data turned off but emails are coming in.  Does this trigger daily charge?

2: If I receive a text message does this trigger daily charge?

3: If my phone rings and I DON'T answer it, does this trigger daily charge?

4: If my phone is on, Data off, Airplane mode OFF, so I have signal, Does this trigger daily charge?

Thanks in advance, just trying to understand the really fine details of how it works.  The Verizon FAQ is rather vague on these details.

Bob

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Travel Pass
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

bobthebuilder1234​ , I can definitely help clarify what will trigger the Travel Pass Daily Charge.

A 24 hour session is triggered by any outgoing call and any incoming calls that are answered, also any outgoing text and data usage including background data/automatic updates.  As for your data, it does sound like you are connected to Wi-Fi and if connected to Wi-Fi to access your emails, you will not incur the Travel Pass Daily Charge.

yarelim_vzw

View solution in original post

yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

bobthebuilder1234​ , I can definitely help clarify what will trigger the Travel Pass Daily Charge.

A 24 hour session is triggered by any outgoing call and any incoming calls that are answered, also any outgoing text and data usage including background data/automatic updates.  As for your data, it does sound like you are connected to Wi-Fi and if connected to Wi-Fi to access your emails, you will not incur the Travel Pass Daily Charge.

yarelim_vzw

Bancroftmary

If you receive an incoming text and don’t answer it is the Travel Pass daily fee charged?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Knowing when you will be charged for the Travel Pass feature is very important, Bancroftmary. I can definitely go over some details. Receiving a text message does not trigger the feature. Please note that picture messages require data and will start the feature if received. GregL_VZW

0 Likes
garcande

I'm leaving for Italy soon and still not clear on some of the Travelpass features regarding data. If I'm not connected to wifi will my phone automatically pick up incoming e-mails and if so, will that trigger the $10 daily charge. I only want to use it for text and the occasional call back home. I will use wifi for everything else.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to stay connected while away, and we’re happy to clarify on the details of TravelPass. In summary, TravelPass activates when you make or receive a call, connect to mobile data or send a text while within one of the 65+ countries where TravelPass is available. Another daily session will begin once you make or receive a call, send a text or use data after the 24-hour period expires.

To ensure that you're in full control of when these events occur, what’s the make and model of your device? We can show you where to turn off data and/or voice roaming while outside the United States. Will you be in any other countries? 

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
ed86431

Very confused.  I thought I read that I needed to sign up for Travel Pass.  Have 2 numbers that I need to do this to-going to Canada.  But I don't see "where" I add this to two of the numbers on my account?  Everything just keeps returning me to pages I've already seen. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear ed86431, it's quite possible that your domestic calling plan covers calls to and from Canada and Mexico. Are  you able to research your calling plan to see if this is the case?

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
Pakrn111

I don't want to get techical, but if I a read a received text message( Open it) and don't respone, do I start the feature? Travel Pass

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

From previous discussion

Re: Is TravelPass activated if I receive a text while abroad?
vzw_customer_support
Community Manager
Community Manager

I can confirm that received text messages will not initiate a TravelPass session.

Please visit https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/international-travel-faqs/#travelpass7 for additional details.

Verizon_Customer_Service

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes