How Can I Add International Service To My Device?
KARCOR5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have gone through two phone's batteries on hold waiting to speak to someone who might actually know something at Verizon.  All I want to do is add a $5 international service to my existing mobile service. That's all!  I've been given a phone number that takes 20-30 minutes to get to someone, and then when I get them, they disappear!  I found myself transferred to someone who can barely speak English and I cannot understand them.  I think they say (remember, I'm having trouble understanding them) I should not have been transferred to them and they attempt to transfer me back to the number I originally called.   Unfortunately, my phone loses power and they're gone. Now I'm on hold again, on a different phone, for the third time.  It's been over an hour!  And I'm trying to BUY a Verizon product!  You'd think Verizon would be happy -- instead, they boot me around from department to department.

I don't understand why I can't do what I want automatically from my account on MyVerizon.  I chatted with someone from Verizon earlier and they told me I'd have to add International Service by dialing this number: 800 711-8300.  As far as I can tell, this number is a direct connection to Hades. The individual I finally got on the phone at his terrible number said she'd call me back if we got disconnected, but she did not.  She seemed to transfer to me the  person who couldn't speak English properly.  He was trying to help, but I couldn't figure out anything he said.  What a mess.

I'm back, waiting on 800 711-8300.  What should I do?  Run away?  Go to T-Mobile?  Sprint?  (AT&T is very bad, so forget them.)

H E L P !   Someone H E L P !!!  Why can't I add International service from the website?  Why do I have to call this terrible 800 number?  How do I escape this [Removed]?

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to get even minimal customer service?
KARCOR5
Enthusiast - Level 1

A miracle occurred.  I got through on that phone number and this time the guy got me the international service without a hitch!  I'm delighted!  Why couldn't I have gotten this guy in the first place?  I spent over 2 frustrating hours trying to do the right thing.  There obviously are good workers at Verizon, but getting to them can be an ordeal. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could give the regular customer service number at 1-800-922-0204 a try.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Travel Pass is $10 per day. International Travel Plan | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KARCOR5
Enthusiast - Level 1

A miracle occurred.  I got through on that phone number and this time the guy got me the international service without a hitch!  I'm delighted!  Why couldn't I have gotten this guy in the first place?  I spent over 2 frustrating hours trying to do the right thing.  There obviously are good workers at Verizon, but getting to them can be an ordeal. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not sure, but I thought you could add the international travel options through your MyVerizon account online.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're here to help with your international needs. Sorry that you had such a hard time trying to get help. We'd never want to see you go. The link that Ann154 provided is a great self-serve gateway. Here is another one https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/international/ Were your able to make the changes that you needed? We also can be reached via https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/contact-us/ Notice that we have Twitter, Facebook and Live Chat options. How can we help get a fresh start?

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KARCOR5, we are sad to learn it took so long to get the service you needed. Thank you for the update and letting us know our representative assisted you.

DeloresK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes