Configure Samsung Galaxy S5 for Travel Pass
zitsky
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have used this phone Samsung Galaxy S5 on international trips before under the old system, not with Travel Pass.  Can anyone tell me how to configure this phone for international usage?  I remember needing to select some other provider on a previous trip, but I don't remember the details.  I also don't know if something has changed with Travel Pass that requires you to configure your phone differently.

I will certainly call Verizon if that is the best way to get an answer.

Thank you very much!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Configure Samsung Galaxy S5 for Travel Pass
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great going in reaching out about those settings before you "bon voyage" out of the United States, zitsky. It's the Data Roaming that needs to be altered.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-97317/

Be sure it's set to " Allow access".

There's no additional steps to take when you use Travelpass. Let us know if there's anything else we can lend a hand with.

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupportIf my  response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button  under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our  conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great going in reaching out about those settings before you "bon voyage" out of the United States, zitsky. It's the Data Roaming that needs to be altered.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-97317/

Be sure it's set to " Allow access".

There's no additional steps to take when you use Travelpass. Let us know if there's anything else we can lend a hand with.

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupportIf my  response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button  under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our  conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
clangelo

Great info. One question. Is the a way to have Verizon send an email to others to let them know I have activated travel pass?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

clangelo,

Letting others know you're available can be a big deal. We want to make that as easy as possible. We don't have a system to specifically let people know about this though. Before I take a trip I usually post about it on my social media accounts which allows most people who know me to see. Does this help?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes