2018 changes to international travel plan options
SHEBAR47
Enthusiast - Level 1

Apparently Verizon has chosen to increase the cost of its monthly international travel plan.  Specifically the monthly plan increased from $40 to $70 and the monthly plan for only data (as would be applicable to tablets) no longer exists.  So what I paid $65 for in March of this year will now cost me $140.  That large an increase can only be justified as corporate greed.  The customer service rep told me that I could change my plan to unlimited at an increase of $83 per month and that would get me five free daily travel passes but there is no world in which that would make economic sense.  I'm posting this so that perhaps with enough customer complaints, Verizon might reconsider its change.

Re: 2018 changes to international travel plan options
SCOSTR99

I just noticed the increase myself today.  That sure was implemented rather quietly.  Why get rid of the $25 data only plan...?! So now it's $70 to go out of the country for a bit, minimum.  $25 was much more palatable.  The only extra bonus now to go from the $40 plan to $70 is there is 400 MB more of data included, but $30 more a month for that???

0 Likes
Re: 2018 changes to international travel plan options
RoamingReader
Enthusiast - Level 1

"Corporate greed" is the right word.  There's no way Verizon's costs have doubled or tripled, justifying these increases.  What's more, you no longer need take up an "associate's" time to add or remove these plans.  Everything is self-service, using the website.  $25/month was good value. This is a rip-off.

0 Likes