When will Marshmallow be available for the HTC One M9?
bizarjuggalo

I know that Google has pushed it out to the service providers and other countries are pushing out to their customers so just curious why it takes Verizon in the US so long to push this out to its customers?  It feels like they don't care if their customers have the latest updates to help protect their devices.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: When will Marshmallow be available for the HTC One M9?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

HTC says it is in the certification stage. So it isn't and hasn't been in "Verizon's hands".

HTC Software Updates | HTC United States

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bizarjuggalo

Really??? Because Step 10 shows that it is going through the Carrier and then Step 11 states "HTC receives technical acceptance from the Carrier". So it's funny how you say it hasn't been in Verizon's hands.  Verizon is my Carrier. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It also shows governmental body and Google acceptance. So ask HTC exactly where they are. The section is broad and general and if you search FCC papers you will not find the update. You will not also find the Wi-Fi, and bluetooth consortium certification.

HTC is more open with everyone but they still keep a lot of things hush hush.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Also wanted to add Verizon or any carrier for that matter signs a NDA which doesn't allow them to say anything other than what the manufacturer has said or approved. It been validated from every lawsuit the carrier has been in since the HTC G1. HTC is never going to tell you if they failed testing for whatever season and due to the NDA Verizon can't tell you it didn't pass testing.

We all know let's say during Verizon testing VoLTE stopped working or say Wi-Fi kept dropping. People would complain about how Verizon doesn't test enough and this shouldn't have happened... Yada yada yada... Catch 22 if you ask me.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

And it looks like Verizon wasn't the last carrier to roll it out!

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

BlakeCary
Enthusiast - Level 3

IF YOU HAVENT DOWNLOADED MARSHMALLOW DONT!!!! YOU WILL LOSE GREAT FEATURES WITH NOTHING NEW OTHER THAN NEW EMOJI FACES!!!

Tidbits
Legend

But Marshmallow is better and I have been waiting forever. All the good stuff comes from under the hood stuff... Etc etc.

BlakeCary
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had it for a few days and have not noticed any perks of it. There is no option for taking a pic from a video like you could before, when you hit the power button to check the time or see a notification your phone will open without going to the lock screen (not the pin/pattern screen the one that shows you time/weather/notifications) there are also other features I am noticing that are gone too. I have yet to see the power saving or speed upgrade or anything that is advertised. Im going to factory reset my phone to try and get rid of this. But if its your cup of tea then Cheers* (diversity IS what makes android great)

0 Likes