After Android 6, Marshmallow, update bluetooth can not be turned on
djibi2

After updating my HTC One M9 to Android 6 I am no longer able to turn on the Bluetooth radio.   I have navigated to the Bluetooth On/Off settings but the the toggle button only turns gray for about 10 seconds and then returns to the off position.  It was working properly before the upgrade.

I also tried to run the Wahoo Bluetooth utility.  When started it indicates that it needs to turn on Bluetooth, when I accept the dialog, it shows "Bluetooth Permission Request/ Turning Bluetooth on..." and then it hangs there.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: After Android 6, Marshmallow, update bluetooth can not be turned on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to ensure that your bluetooth is fully functioning! Are there any battery saving techniques in effect? Is airplane mode currently off?
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
__alesa__

I am having the same problem,  no battery saving setting enabled or plane mode.  Help please.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello _alesa_. I regret any issues you're having pairing your device via Bluetooth. I've researched this matter and do have a suggestion for you. I recommend placing the device in Safe Mode long enough to try pairing again. The step to both activate and deactivate Safe Mode can be found at this link: http://vz.to/1iwFuoe

Please post back to let me know how it goes.

DionMM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes