two gmails, and hotmail not working or deleting?
laurenh

Two-fer. Just got this phone a few days ago.

Problem 1:
I am getting gmail two ways - via "mail" and the "app". This means twice the notifications up top. can't figure out which to delete/how to do it without losing stuff.

Problem 2: Hotmail (via the app) won't load. It originally loaded my old emails but won't refresh. Won't let me delete teh account because it says it's "needed for apps" (despite it not being my primary account) and unless I restore factory settings I'm screwed. It also won't let me create the account through regular Mail because the account "already exists". So I'm stuck with this nonworking hotmail account.

Any ideas? 😕

0 Likes
two gmails, and hotmail not working or deleting?
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Solution 1:  Remove your gmail address from the mail app.  The gmail app (obviously) is specifically for gmail and, IMO, works much better.  I had this same issue when I first set up my Rezound.  It's kind of confusing the way they ask you for your gmail address twice.

Solution 2:  Have you tried clearing data from the mail app?  menu>settings>applications>manage applications, select the all tab at the top of the screen, select mail, press clear cache and clear data.  You will have to re-input any other email addresses into the mail app, but it's better than a factory reset.  If it doesn't work the first time, try disabling sync for the account.  menu>settings>accounts & sync, select the account, turn off sync.

0 Likes
Re: two gmails, and hotmail not working or deleting?
Carm01

If you use the build in hotmail app, you cannot delete that account once created, which is really lame. The only way to remove it is to do a factory reset.

use the following settings instead, and it will produce the same results for hotmail. please note that you must use the full email address for your username, and obviously the email address. This will function as an exchange sync type account for hotmail only

I will attach a screenshot

2012-03-11_18-49-31.jpg

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You could always to to accounts & sync, select the hotmail account, then select remove account.

0 Likes
slipstream1969

As stated above I tried to delete hotmail and I get invalid credentials.  It doesn't look like it will let me.  It is affecting my default e-mail account and I can't e-mail pictures because it's trying to use an account that doesn't work.  How do I do a factory reset and set this up correctly?  Is there anyway to backup apps?

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You can do a factory reset by pressing menu>settings>privacy>factory data reset.  Data on your SD card will be safe, but anything on internal storage will be deleted (I would suggest backing both up to your computer before hand, just to be safe).  Most apps should re-install automatically once you re-sign in with your gmail account.  There are some app-backup apps in the Play Store, but nothing that will backup app data (unless you're rooted, but we can't talk about that here).  Honestly, I have never set up hotmail on my phone, my "other" email address is a yahoo account and I just enter my email address and password.  You could read the post just above my last one, and see if that helps at all.

0 Likes