Why can't my Email recieve updates? Why doesn't pinch for more windows? Since"update".
gsilver

Since the HTC Thunderbolt patch I have two main problems (so far).

A)  My activesync Email account won't sync anything.  The other Email accounts are working.  The account is working on laptop under Outlook.  The settings validate at setup.  I tried, in order with no success at each step,

1) Refresh (multiple times).

2) Increase window to 30 days

3) Soft reset phone.

4) Delete account, Re-add account.

5) Reset phone

6) Multiple sync nows

Still not synching (mail, calendar, tasks, contacts.  ("Synchronuzation is experiencing probelms")

Also,

You used to pinch the browser window to get a "+" sign to open another tab or window.  That no longer works.  I looked through settings and window options and no luck.  What do you do now?

0 Likes
Re: Why can't my Email recieve updates? Why doesn;t pinch for more windows? Since"update".
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets show that phone who's boss, gsilver! Are you having trouble with a specific account? Is the email service through the native "Corporate Sync" function on the device? Keep me posted!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Why can't my Email recieve updates? Why doesn;t pinch for more windows? Since"update".
randis4321

Adam,

I'm having the same exact problem and have tried many things to resolve.  This is a software issue.  When is it going to be fixed?

0 Likes
Re: Why can't my Email recieve updates? Why doesn't pinch for more windows? Since"update".
gsilver

Don from Verizon Customer Service was trying to help.  We tried the basics.  And I tried the suggestions from my office.  I am still not connected.  I haven't heard back now for two days (since Monday) when he said he was going to do more research.

(He did point me to the change in the pinch functionality)

I can still connect (passes connection validation), but no mail, calendar data, etc.

0 Likes
Re: Why can't my Email recieve updates? Why doesn't pinch for more windows? Since"update".
randis4321

I had the same situation.  Spoke to verizon and tried the basics.  I also spoke to my tech team at work and found that they could no longer see my mobile number even after I pinged the server.

It's a software issue and needs to be corrected.

0 Likes
GLArmstrong

Due to my work I am having to buy a new phone due to a software glitch that was caused when Verizon updated my HTC Thunderbolt.  This is ridiculous.  I cannot receive my company emails and it is causing me real problems.  Verizon ought to pay me to get a new phone

0 Likes