Verizon is going to update the HTC One to 4.4 "Shortly"
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

Looks like Verizon might actually get our update before the end of 2014. Well Done VZW.

Mo Versi, HTC Executive, sent out this Tweet today:

HTC One Verizon Owners! We have received technical approval for the OS 4.4 + Sense 5.5 update today. Expect the OTA out shortly. Thanks!

https://twitter.com/moversi/statuses/431490531831476224

Re: Verizon is going to update the HTC One to 4.4 "Shortly"
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is nice that the manufacturer is doing a better job of informing their customers of where the system updates are for the various devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

I think HTC's transparency on the update schedules has forced the carriers to make updates a priority. HTC does a lot of things right. It's a shame that they never figured out marketing

0 Likes
dbo621

I still have yet to get the update pushed to my HTC One.  When navigating to Settings > Software Update > Check New, nothing happens.  I am currently on HTC Sense 5.0 and Android version 4.2.2.

I understand you are not able to check for a new update below 30%. My battery is well over 30% and I am unable to check for an update when leveraging Mobile Data or wifi.  If the update has not been pushed out to my phone, the Check New option should state that "no new updates are available" rather than do nothing at all.

I'd appreciate an update to let me know what the issue is with my 'Check New' option that does not render anything at all and when the updated HTC sense and kit kat will be available on my phone.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might want to check on the HTC website for the manual download of the update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.