Update coming for GB OTA with FIXES (2.11.605.5)
Wildman
Legend

Just thought I would give you a heads up that it appears that the update from the OTA will be 2.11.605.5, appears there has been a few got their hands on this build already and this is what has been reported has been changed...

Here's a summed up version of what's new in this build:

• HTC Logger removed
  • Voicemail notification fixed
  • Front facing camera/Gtalk fixed
  • MMS/SMS Fixes
  • Weather syncing fixes
  • ...and more

So for everyone awaiting for the update it is on its way soon and hopefully this will satify the users still waiting..

0 Likes
Re: Update coming for GB OTA with FIXES (2.11.605.5)
dragon68
Wonder if wide spread push or going by numbers again? Thanks for update.
0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Good, maybe I can get more than 100 bucks for this thing with a working gingerbread. I'm extremely frustrated beyond words with this phones performance overall. It amazes me that HTC can sleep at night knowing how much they hyped up a phone that has so many issues. I don't blame Verizon entirely. They can't write Android patches, but they can crank up the heat on the manufacturer to fix a product quickly or at least alter the return policy for this phone. Maybe Verizon could offer another upgrade with a buy back program. I'm sure I'm dreaming all this right now.
I read an article today on a reputable site today. It says its giving the Worst Phone of the Year award to the HTC Thunderbolt due the the restart bug, poor battery life, numerous bugs, and lack of timely software updates. That article made me feel awesome.
Nope, I'm not sleeping.
0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
I wrote VZW and HTC a nice email on this phone's history and the wish for some way to rectify the whole situation. I'm over it now. Well not really but sorry for the rant earlier.
It's out of my system now :smileywink:
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

dabubbakin wrote:
I wrote VZW and HTC a nice email on this phone's history and the wish for some way to rectify the whole situation. I'm over it now. Well not really but sorry for the rant earlier.
It's out of my system now :smileywink:

We all get those moments.... :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

Got my responses from both HTC and VZW. Guess I'm rockin the Thunderbolt for another 2 yrs. Oh well, I guess go volunteer at a soup kitchen this weekend to forget my sorrows.

Feels good

Feel better

Good article

I really hope Ginger fixes all or I'll be back at the kitchen.

0 Likes
TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

I love it....  "soon"  (no diss on you Wildman) - Verizon and HTC should copyright the word "soon" since they use it so much.  Too bad I can't use it when they ask for my monthly payment........

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

TBoltOwner wrote:

I love it....  "soon"  (no diss on you Wildman) - Verizon and HTC should copyright the word "soon" since they use it so much.  Too bad I can't use it when they ask for my monthly payment........

I totally agree, the word is a common phrase lately....  But soon is better than never in my opinion..

0 Likes
Synycalwon
Contributor - Level 1

This build does appear to be the upcoming official OTA per Verizon's Thunderbolt Support page:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/thunderbolt.html

"Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a new software update, Build Number: 2.11.605.5;
Baseband: 1.48.00.0906w_1, 0.01.78.0906w_2, for your ThunderBolt™ by HTC. This update
provides several improvements for your device, as well as upgrading to the Android 2.3
(Gingerbread) Operating System (OS)."

From Additional Device Features:
+ Basic voicemail notification will now notify when a new voicemail has been received.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Does anyone have a date HTC is past thinking about the thunderbolt and gingerbread. There onto ics. They tweeted HTC was the fastest to update phones. Lol. I wish the update was here I want it to have dock features like other phones have. I'm a simple person.
0 Likes