Unable to pull ANY updates
PatrizioD

I've had my Rezound since it debuted, and I love the phone. Gorgeous screen, great audio, and solid tech specs. My only complaint is I have a complete inability to pull any updates whatsoever. I've seen that people got an update a few months back that gave 5 service bars and put the software up to 2.01.605.11. I never received this update, and because of that I dont meet the prerequisite to install the ICS update. I've factory reset my phone--losing everything that wasnt backed up in the process--and still cant manually pull any updates. Has anyone had a similar problem and come up with a solution? Here's a screenshot I took last night...

2012-08-12_21-12-53.jpg

0 Likes
Unable to pull ANY updates
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I'm wondering if the original update hasn't been pulled from their servers (due to an assumption that everybody got it already), leaving you like a stick in the mud.  I have heard of people getting warranty exchanges due to not receiving upgrades, so you may want to call tech support and see if they can help.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to pull ANY updates
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PatrizioD, I’m glad you’re happy with your Rezound and I want to ensure we can get it to receive updates!  I noticed on the screenshot you included, the device is connected to a WiFi network.  Have you tried to pull the updates while connected to the Verizon Wireless 3G/4G network?  I would also ensure the device has the most current Preferred Roaming List (PRL) to ensure it’s not outdated.  This is done, simply, by removing & reinserting the SIM card.  http://goo.gl/Q1AfG  Then try to pull the update again.  http://goo.gl/Rn0T4  Let me know how this works out for you.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
losvaldez
Enthusiast - Level 2

I feel your pain.  I can't pull the ICS update.  Customer service said "Be patient.. Ten days after release you can pull it by checking manually from your phone."  Never happened.  Customer service put in a request to force the update and would take up to 5 days (which I was previously told was not possible and had to wait the 10 days).  Day 2 and still nothing. I was told this does not warrant a replacement as the TEC coverage is only for last or damaged phones and the warranty only covers a manufactures defect.  I guess software issues fall under None of the above. 

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

If none of that works, there's a RUU floating around that can be manually flashed in hboot.  It will wipe everything but will get you on the current ICS.

0 Likes