Thunderbolt looses sound in middle of a call.
JillE526
Enthusiast - Level 2

My boyfriend has a the Thunderbolt for about a month.  When he calls my work number (I work for Verizon, in a Verizon owned building) we can talk for a few minutes then the sound goes out on his end.  I can hear him talking, but he can't hear me.  Sometimes the sound picks back up after a few seconds, sometimes its minutes.  We've taken it into an experience store.  They can't find a problem.  He knows he's not muting it because I wouldn't be able to hear him if he was.  It even happens when he has the speakerphone on.  This happens to one other person he calls.  But that person is using a HTC Sense(?) on Sprint.  Has anyone else encountered this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt looses sound in middle of a call.
Dnakaman
Contributor - Level 1

Does the problem happen with anyone he calls?  Or only specific people?

From what you explained, it sounds like a hardware problem possibly.

0 Likes
JillE526
Enthusiast - Level 2

It only happens when he calls me on my work phone (landline) and he calls his friend (cellphone).  We are the only 2 it happens to.  Otherwise it works perfectly.  I have the Droid X...if he calls me on that we can talk non-stop, no interruption and if he calls anyone else...any other network and other number he's fine.  We took it in after he had it only a week and they could find nothing wrong with it. 

0 Likes
rsuri2

My wife had 2 different Thunderbolts and this happened all the time.  Landlines, cell phones, conference calls.. She has since returned her Thunderbolt.  

I currently have a Thunderbolt and this happens to me occassionally.  I don't talk as much as she does on the phone so I don't see it too often but I suspect I'd see it more if I had to use my phone a lot.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
I have had that happen and relize I muted it so I can hear people but they can't hear me but after I think that this isent them.
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
This wouldn't be that I ment.
0 Likes
JillE526
Enthusiast - Level 2

We thought it was mute as well so we tested it.  If it's on mute I can't hear him but he can hear me.  Our issue is the opposite...I can hear him but he can't hear me.  When we took it in to the VZW store they tested for mute issues and for volume control issues...they all appear to be fine.  I think we are going to try and run it again this weekend.

0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you everyone for the information provided. JillE526, this issue is not known and we would need to troubleshoot the device to determine the issue. If the issue still persists, send me a private message with your name and mobile number and I can call you to assist you with this personally. 

Thank you, 

0 Likes