Thunderbolt Battery Ballooning?
OhioDan2

I've been having issues with my phone as of late.  It will shut itself off randomly without warning; tell me the battery has 10% life left after it was just 100% full 5-min before, etc.  So I pull the battery out to do a soft boot, and the battery is noticably fatter in the middle like its ballooning.  Its model BTR6400B @ 1400mAh.  Just ordered an extended life battery and hope the new battery solves my issues.  I love this phone and have had -0- issues with it until a week or two ago.

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt Battery Ballooning?
Biffwell

Your battery is bad, replace it ASAP. One of the cells in the battery have shorted and exploding out of its packaging.

0 Likes
OhioDan2

Excellent!  =/  Its about 2.5 years old.  Unfortunately the battery wasn't the only issue I had yesterday!  New battery and phone in-route.

0 Likes
rjstjohn1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good to know, I thought I was the only one who's battery was "ballooning" when the phone seems to be getting hotter and hotter and then just stopped working.

I also have the original stock Thunderbolt battery & I doubt the battery is still under warranty (2 years old in May) even with the insurance we took out.

Did you get your replacement from Verizon or an aftermarket battery?

Do you recommend the stock HTC thunderbolt battery or one slightly larger (I don't want to spend more than necessary getting the HUGE battery and replacement cover for the back) and where did you go (how much) to get it?

0 Likes
Biffwell

I replaced my battery with an after market battery. There are several that have a slightly larger capacity in the same physical space. If you are on the west coast try daydeal.com, shipping is quick.

0 Likes