Re: TIME TO TAKE ACTION!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Yep, an outstanding bill could be another possibility too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

TheFireGoddess wrote:

The entire reason I got the thunderbolt was because verizon would not let me activate my droid x on the family plan I just joined, from my independent plan I had for 8 or so years.

Believe me if I could, I would. Everyone keeps suggesting I 'allow a switch to a comprable model, another Droid X'. Hate to tell you this, but one the x isn't 4g. Two, I paid 600$ for this POS phone I am NOT getting locked into a contract AND paying 200$ to verizon for another droid x that is out of date when I have a perfectly good one sitting right here AND they sell on ebay for about 220 contract free.

I was sent a second thunderbolt (refurbished which irks me even more) and not only did that 'factory refurbished, problem free' phone have all the issues mine has, IT HAD MORE!

That was after verizon misspelled my name on the box and fedex wouldn't let me pick it up.

My third one was sent to my mother (seriously can'tthey ever get their crap together?) 50 miles away yesterday, so today I am stopping by on my way to a doctors appointment, to pick it up and undoubtedly send that one back too.

I am biding my time, when the bionic comes out I WILL switch to it. I have been offered about 9 times now to switch to another phone, none of which I want.

I still dont get why users keep sending devices in when you identified a OS issue was causing the issue and then get mad when the replacement has the same issues, did you consider that the replacement has the same OS and unless a update hit from time you sent device in to the time you recieved the replacement the issue would still be there..

Stop wasting your time because a diffrent device isnt the solution.

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

Wildman,  ...Did ya consider maybe because it's the only recourse Verizon has given them and it's a way of making verizon either deal with the issue or lose money endlessly sending out "replacements"

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

RobB772 wrote:

Wildman,  ...Did ya consider maybe because it's the only recourse Verizon has given them and it's a way of making verizon either deal with the issue or lose money endlessly sending out "replacements"

I understand your view of things but in most cases the user is simply getting someone else returns, if they are recieving a new device I can see how this would make since but since you recieve a refeb device you are simply getting other users returns that did not have issues also..

If the only fix is a software update, I wont allow my brand new device to be exchanged for a used device when there is nothing wrong with the device.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Wildman wrote:
If the only fix is a software update, I wont allow my brand new device to be exchanged for a used device when there is nothing wrong with the device.

Problem is that most customers and service reps aren't aware that it was a software issue so people are sending their new devices back and ending up with someone else's junk when they could've just kept their old one and had the same result.  Verizon really should allow their corporate stores to reflash devices with older firmware in instances where there's a problem like with the MR1 OTA instead of giving their usual "oh there's no way to revert. sorry".   I mean I could reflash a Thunderbolt to factory firmware in about 5 min so I know someone at Verizon should be smart enough to do it.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Wildman in regards to fireGoddest post he said he had a droid X thats just laying around could use on that family plan he went on an we he went to the local store they would'nt let him make the switch but if his ESN is free an clear he should have no problem doing that as the rep.I know i just got done talking to said if his ESN is Free an clear an he is unhappy with the T-bolt he could  switch but as he said it has to be absolutly free an Clear. to do this . An good luck.to him    

0 Likes
DrDroidDre
Enthusiast - Level 3
I had my phone the first day as well. All the sissy punks that root and complain about everything have screwed us all. I've not had a single issue until now. Let's talk. I have some great knowledge to help you
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

DrDroidDre wrote:
I had my phone the first day as well. All the sissy punks that root and complain about everything have screwed us all. I've not had a single issue until now. Let's talk. I have some great knowledge to help you

typically, those that alter their device are the ones that AREN'T complaining...and have NO issues to complain about. not sure what your comment even means? 

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeah, I'm not following that either but whatever.  I'm perfectly content with my Gingerbread. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

PJNC284 wrote:

Wildman wrote:

Problem is that most customers and service reps aren't aware that it was a software issue so people are sending their new devices back and ending up with someone else's junk when they could've just kept their old one and had the same result.  Verizon really should allow their corporate stores to reflash devices with older firmware in instances where there's a problem like with the MR1 OTA instead of giving their usual "oh there's no way to revert. sorry".   I mean I could reflash a Thunderbolt to factory firmware in about 5 min so I know someone at Verizon should be smart enough to do it.

Actually I was speaking of the users, the first thing that a user reported that the device started to malfunction after software update which indicate a software issue and demand a fix and instead of waiting for the fix the CS agrees to replace the device to satify the customers demands.... I actually wasnt saying that Verizon rep is the one that knows that the issue was software related but if you think of it with a level mind and Verizon is reporting the issues with the manufacture they should have knowledge that software is the nature of the issue.

Basically because the solution you are given is a replacement device does not mean you have to accept it, so many users raise all kind of stink over simplier things, if I have concluded that the software caused the issue I wont send my brand new device for a referb device when a software fix is what is required.

End the end a user makes their own decision of what works for them but it has been verified that if a replacement device is just reversing the bug but not fixing it, so this is a temporary fix only..

0 Likes