Re: THUNDERBOLT wifi error even after factory reset?
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

Turn on while holding vol down. Scroll down to recovery and push power button. Wait a few moments. Push vol up and power at same time. Scroll to clear cache and wait for it to complete. Choose reboot next. This will not harm your phone.

0 Likes
photographymommy91

Thank you, I tried that but still to no avail the wifi just will not turn on...could it have something to do with me having a non active sim card?

Thank you for all your help regardless...

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

wi-fi works without a sim card.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Bearone21 is right. My Tbolt is currently sitting in airplane without a SIM card and connects to my wifi easily whenever I turn on the phone's wifi radio to use it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

it's kind of a sweet way to use the phone when traveling, no1 knows you're there.

shortcoming is poor wi-fi @ many places you need to use it but if you have an activated phone with you, problem solved until you get good wi-fi.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

bearone21 wrote:

it's kind of a sweet way to use the phone when traveling, no1 knows you're there.

shortcoming is poor wi-fi @ many places you need to use it but if you have an activated phone with you, problem solved until you get good wi-fi.

Yes, it is. However I also have a Nexus that i also use. So at the moment the Tbolt is the inactive device while the Nexus is active. I swap between the two devices with the same SIM card. I only need to add to micro to mini SIM card adapter when I use the Tbolt as the active device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

"sim card adapter" & sim card, what's the difference?

are you still unlim on data, i am?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes I am still on the unlimited data plan.

This is a link to a SIM card adapter for a micro SIM card to fit in a regular SIM card slot (like the Tbolt has).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0040WK75W/ref=mp_s_a_1_10?qid=1370887259&sr=8-10&pi=SL75

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

thank you

0 Likes