Re: Supposed GB Thunderbolt VM Notification issue Fix
ghamden

my post was edited

go to yor favorire android forum other than here and search for the patch it works fine

Verizon techs you need to search also because the source code for the fix is also posted freely so you canfix the issue

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

ghamden wrote:

A developer has a patch tht fixes the vm notication issue he released a patch and the source code so if verizon has any sense thy will use it and compensate him

[Edited to comply with Terms of Service]

it works perfect no issues

I know about this but that is why I did not post the information because ir is against the rules and you have to liberate your device which will void your warranty..

0 Likes
goochman55

on phone with customer service, they said they have NO INFO on this issue either. hmmm

0 Likes
erishasnobatter

As the developer that created the fix, I will say in VZWs defense, it was more than likely a miss on HTC's part since it was buried deep in the framework.  However, you'd think in 6 months of testing, someone would have noticed that Voicemail Notifications weren't working. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I agree somewhat but as usual you are focusing on the negitive, out of all the GB updates that has been released the Thunderbolt appears to have the least amount of issues (One really reported) and you are not accepting that they seem to have got the update as correct as possible and so many are acting like one bug is major, nothing is perfect but it appears that they did a good job with this update.

Also the developer just identified the bug fix yesterday so if they have overlooked it until then it isnt surprising that HTC overlooked is also and now since the bug has been brought to their attention hopefully they will be able to push a update shortly to resolve this bug in the OTA...

0 Likes
erishasnobatter

I am the developer.  We identified the bug months ago when the 2.01 Alpha test build was leaked.  However, as most developers already use Google Voice or the like, we didn't spend much time on it.  We assumed that it would be fixed by the time the OTA was released.  It wasn't, so I took 30 minutes of my time and handled it.

You are correct though, the OTA build is relatively bug free as far as updates go, but something as big as Voicemail notifications shouldn't make it through QA.  If I'm a business owner and I miss a voicemail that could have potentially made me millions of dollars because I don't know about it, I know where I'm going to try to recoup my losses.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

erishasnobatter wrote:

I am the developer.  We identified the bug months ago when the 2.01 Alpha test build was leaked.  However, as most developers already use Google Voice or the like, we didn't spend much time on it.  We assumed that it would be fixed by the time the OTA was released.  It wasn't, so I took 30 minutes of my time and handled it.

You are correct though, the OTA build is relatively bug free as far as updates go, but something as big as Voicemail notifications shouldn't make it through QA.  If I'm a business owner and I miss a voicemail that could have potentially made me millions of dollars because I don't know about it, I know where I'm going to try to recoup my losses.

thanks for all of your work. amazing. 

0 Likes
erishasnobatter

You're very welcome.

PS: Sense 3.5 is smoother. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
dprk

Does this affect Google Voice? I don't get VM on the actual "phone". Just wondering.

edited for spelling

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

dprk wrote:

Does this affect Google Voice? I don't get VM on the actual "phone". Just wondering.

edited for spelling

no. many people actual started using google voice specifically to work around this issue. GV should still work fine.

0 Likes