Stuck power button (possibly) screen won't shut off.
AlexMasters10

I've had my Thunderbolt since last March and haven't had any issues with it until this last week or so. It appears that the power button does not work any more when I try to lock my phone. When I push it, the screen goes black and immediately turns back on. This is causing my battery to drain ever more rapidly than before. I've tried to un-jam the button, but no luck.

What are my options for this, as this is making my phone absolutely unusable if the battery is constantly draining.

0 Likes
Re: Stuck power button (possibly) screen won't shut off.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi AlexMasters10,

The phone certainly needs to be able to sleep sometime!  I am sorry for the delayed response as I see this is an important matter!  Does the button seem like it is loose or stuck?  Had you recently installed any new applications when this started?  Try running the phone in Safe Mode to see if an application is interfering. Here is a link to the instructions.  http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=40136 

It would be my pleasure to continue troubleshooting if needed.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
merrilbs

Hello, Merril here,

how do i sync my pictures and video's to my computer...i paid for the backup plus... does it take 24 hours for it to turn on!!  i believe its been about 4 hours

0 Likes
AlexMasters10

The power button doesn't feel loose or stuck at all, but it does some to be sensitive to the touch (screen will turn off and right back on at the slightest touch). I tried going in via Safe Mode and the problem still happened. When I'm using the screen the Shut Down menu often pops up without hitting the power button.

0 Likes