Shutting Down!
amoney23

Please fix this stupid phone already. I had it for almost 2 years and there is always a damn problem with it. It's always something and I am getting very very very annoyed with it.

NOW IT JUST COMPLETELY SHUTS OFF WHEN IT WANTS TO SHUT OFF.

I know what Verizon is going to say...did you do this...did you do that....YES I DID IT ALL AND IT STILL DOES IT! FIX THE PROBLEM ALREADY AND PUT OUT A NEW SOFTWARE UPDATE!

VERY UNHAPPY

0 Likes
Re: Shutting Down!
Bogart56

What is the last update you have?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which version of the operating system are you currently have on your Thunderbolt? Go to Settings > About phone > look at software version and Android version.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Bogart56

There was an article written on the internet about the security

handshake the phone sends to the 4g LTE network and that the code does

not always get handed off properly all the time. The code is sent at

regular intervals and if not successful then it has to try again hence

the lose of data signal.

0 Likes
KryptoCleric

I am also experiencing (frustrating) shutdowns. Android 2.3.4 (rev 2.11.605.19 710RD). Seems like the kind of thing to be caused by a software push ...

0 Likes
amoney23

The software verison that I have is:

2.11.605.19.710RD

Android Version:

Just like the person that has the same thing above me. My phone has not been fixed and it is still shutting down on me. Soo Soo frustrating

0 Likes
Ang62583

I also have the same software version as you two and also have the same shutting down problem. Mine does reboot itself does yours? I also have had texting issues since I got the damn thing about a year and some months ago!

0 Likes
amoney23

The phone has been full of problems said I had it. I got it when it first came out and verizon doesn't really want to do anything about it besides software updates. Software updates fixes the problem for a little bit and then a new one occurs. I tried getting them to give me a new phone but it wasn't happening. The only phone they were willing to give me was a cheaper model and which I had to pay for as well. I don't want that. I spent money on this phone and I want a working phone or something to equal value of what I paid for. This phone had nothing but ISSUES ISSUES ISSUES! Funny thing is that I have been with Verizon for 15 years and this is the only phone I really had trouble with. You would think Verizon would work with me but they won't.

When the phone does work on occasionally its a great phone but when its not man I just want to smash it

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried a factory reset and not allowing the applications and settings to restore themselves?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Amoney23, I can only imagine how frustrating this must be and I'm here to help!

Run the phone is safe mode http://bit.ly/qT7Rt5. This will help determine if the issue is caused by a 3rd party app. If the issue stops while in safe mode then you need to uninstall all 3rd party apps and add them back one at a time to determine which one is causing the issue.

If you continue to experience the same issue while in safe mode I recommend performing a hard reset http://bit.ly/rlYXKN.

Please post back if issue persist after performing the hard reset.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes