Re: Rezound resets after Google MAPS update
WaveRiderJ

Same issue here.  Started yesterday.  Cleared cache and just restarted again.  I'm glad i found this is a common problem for now because I was about to return this phone, which would make it my 4th Rezound in 2 months....

0 Likes
pstanbrooks

I have the same problem.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

looks like a widespread issue.  Should be able to fix it until an update is released by going into Maps under Applications and uninstall updates.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/08/17/latest-google-maps-update-causes-the-htc-rezound-to-reboot-l...

0 Likes
bishobo

I also have this problem with my wife's rezound which has ics.  The idea of clearing the data cache was good but you also need to clear all of the default actions by scrolling down from the Clear cache button and also press the Clear defaults button.  This fixed the problem completely for my wife's rezound.

0 Likes
swannyDinc

I loaded the Maps update today, and REBOOT!  Reverted to factory version.

0 Likes
murf751

really?? this really fixed your wife's Rezound google maps? sure you didn't uninstall the updated version and its working cause if that? there is absolutely no other fix as far as I have found.please check again and advise..thx man

0 Likes
bishobo

Oops, the fix I posted actually did not work.  The HTC Rezound was still rebooting. An uninstall of the updates fixed the problem.

0 Likes
Jsiegel
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I actually got fed up with this issue after being lost and needing this ASAP!  I called Verizon, and after being transferred to upper level Tech Support, they told me that there are a few bugs with the new Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) and the HTC Rezound.  Since it's still relatively new to this device, the applications are still trying to adjust to the specifications, and GMaps happens to be one of these applications.  Other applications that you might see some issues with are Pandora as well as the Dialer.  If you've upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich and need to use GMaps, I suggest you call your local Verizon Wireless store and see if they have the capability of 'flashing' your phone.  If so, you can request that they "flash" your phone back to Gingerbread.  This should allow you to put the new GMaps version on your phone without issue.  I would suggest that if you decide to take this route, you just keep an eye out for when Android 4.1 or later is released for the Rezound.  It shouldn't be too long (hopefully less than a month) for the developers to get a patch out for the Rezound.  Hope this information helps some of you!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Only a 3rd party retailer would tell you they can flash you back to JB. 

0 Likes
Jsiegel
Enthusiast - Level 1

false.  Call up to technical support via *611...and I’m talking upper tier tech support...not the low level “have you tried turning your phone off?”  I mean the real tech support.  He said not all verizon stores have the flash computers to do so, so he recommended that I call the local store first via the verizonwireless website.  Any actual Verizon techs monitor these boards who can affirm this for me please so my credibility is restored?

Sent: August 22, 2012 04:29

To: (edited to remove personal information as per )

Subject: Re: Rezound resets after Google MAPS update - Re: Rezound resets after Google MAPS update

created by Tidbits in HTC Rezound - View the full discussion

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes