Rezound resets after Google MAPS update
JiveTurkey15
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received an UPDATE for Google MAPS on 8/16/12. Since the update, everytime I use the application, my phone power resets after about 30 seconds into it. ANNOYING so I just removed the most recent update. ANY fix on this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Rezound resets after Google MAPS update
Tidbits
Legend

go into settings--> apps---> maps and clear data/cache and then restart your phone. then try again if that fails try uninstalling the update in the same setting options shown above and reinstall it.

0 Likes
JiveTurkey15
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just tried what you said, and it still keeps resseting. I guess i'll just keep the previous version until a fix is made. Thanks anyways.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I think there may be a new update possibly. You are not the only one having problems with the update. My son phone it won't open and restarts his phone. That trick worked for him.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Sounds like you've done the best solution, something with the new Maps update may just not jive with your phone. I would also suggest emailing the dev (email address should be on their Play Store page) and let them know of the issue.

njandtmp1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue with my Rezound, and so does my wife. I've uninstalled the update, and how they fix it soon. I like the idea of offline maps.

0 Likes
JiveTurkey15
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes not a bad idea...on the comments inside the Play Store page, there is TONS of people with this issue, I'm sure HTC and Google are probably aware of this by now. (Hoping that they actually read the comments posted) Either way I will send them my feedback.

0 Likes
IslandSon

I've had the same issue with the new Google map update and had to uninstall it. Hopefully Google will fix the problem

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I also saw a report of this on another forum, so it does sound like it's common.

0 Likes
IowaSPEMan

Ditto.  Same issue here on my Rezound.

0 Likes