Random 4G/3G Service
queenvee
Enthusiast - Level 2

A few weeks ago, I received a certified Thunderbolt to replace my other Thunderbolt because I could not hear through the ear piece.  Now I rarely get 3G/4G service.  My phone mostly stays in 1X mode. I can use the Internet.  Which means I can't Facebook, use Navigation, play certain games, etc.  I've checked the settings.  Mobile networking is enabled.  My software is updated.  Any other ideas of what I can do?

Message was edited by:   Correction:  I CAN'T use the Internet.

>Named removed<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Re: Random 4G/3G Service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you Queenvee!

Having an internet connection on the go is the whole point of having a smart phone! Let's get you back to facebooking, navigating & playing your favorite games!

Thank you so much for all of the troubleshooting you've already completed so far! Each step is very important.

The first thing I would have you double check is your applications. Do you have any task killers, batter savers, or antivirus applications? If so please uninstall them as they may cause system instability!

Now, generally when you replace a device under warranty you reuse the same Sim card. It may be possible during the transfer of the sim card that it was slightly damaged.

We can replace the sim card at no cost to you! Either via in store replacement or we can ship one out to you, which ever may be easier.

Try checking for the applications first and then we'll try the sim card!

Please keep me posted!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

madelynn75
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue. I got a replacement thunderbolt and now I can't stay connected to anything. Before my replacement my issue was connecting to FB but now its all the apps. The 4g never stays up long enough to connect

queenvee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Madelynn, do you have an extended battery on your phone? I did. Once I went back to my old battery everything worked just fine. After months of being without dependable service, use of navigation, and regular use of my mobile hotspot; my phone works now! I've gone through two replacement phones and a replacement SIM card. I read on a website that there is a poor connection between the extended battery and the battery cover which houses the antenna. I hope this helps!

0 Likes
queenvee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you! I replaced the SIM card, but my phone still didn't work. I had decided to just "let it go" and just wait for my next upgrade. But I read online that there is an issue with the extended batteries and the connection to the battery cover. I'm going to miss the longer life of the extended battery, but at least my phone works now. #happy

0 Likes
mkgodley7754

I have had the same problem.  Have you checked your mobile network settings to make sure that the network mode is in LTE/CDMA?  Go to settings, mobile network, network mode and set it to LTE/CMDA.  Maybe that will help. 

0 Likes