Phone display does not come on when text messages come through :(
LDS_Verizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I receive text messages, my phone's display  does not not come on. It remains black. I have to actually press the power button to bring the display back to life. I do not even have my phone in sleep mode by the way. The good news however is that the phone DOES (display comes on) automatically come on when someone calls me.

Maybe this is how the Rezound is suppose to behave? Instead of just hearing the notification sound of a text, I would sure like to also see the display come back on for awhile.

Does anyone else's Rezound display comes on when a text comes through? My older 2009 phone use to do this all the time. Is there anyway to make the Rezound come back on automatically when a text immediately arrives?

0 Likes
Re: Phone display does not come on when text messages come through :(
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I don't remember if the Rezound's stock messaging app has that option, but if you install Handcent from the Play Store, I know it does have that option.

LDS_Verizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

^^ Thanks so much for your help! Handcent perfectly does the trick! Smiley Happy By the way is there another way to wake the Rezound up without having to press the power button all the time?

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Unfortunately, no

0 Likes
LDS_Verizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi there, I found a app which you let's you power on the phone without pressing the power button. 🙂

The app is called Proximity screen off. You can cover your hand over the sensor to turn the Rezound back on. It works really nice. It's a really cool app. Here's the url if you'd like to download it also.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.itsme4ucz.screenoffpro&feature=search_result#?t=W2...

0 Likes