Otterbox Defender case available
davidw510

Has anyone purchased this case yet?

Does anyone know if Verizon will carry this case?

http://www.otterbox.com/HTC-ThunderBolt-Defender-Series-Case/HTC2-TBOLT,default,pd.html?dwvar_HTC2-T...

0 Likes
Re: Otterbox Defender case available
TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

Unfortunately, Otterbox isn't going to make a case that works with the extended battery - but Sedio is and I'll just wait for that to come out.

0 Likes
Another_Dave
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not purchased this yet. In about two weeks I will though. I am still using standard battery, so it will fit. I keep my ThunderBolt going via the charge method, if it gets low, it is on the charger. That is both at the house or on the go.

I am not aware if or when Verizon would carry these. Do they offer Otterbox for other models?

0 Likes
TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

The Sedio line for the extended battery is here --- and less than the Otterbox!

http://www.seidioonline.com/category-s/5448.htm

0 Likes
davidw510

I just got off the phone with a rep in the local VZW store.  She didn't say for sure, but it sounded like she said she found a product code number for the Thuderbolt Otterbox Defender case in there system.  None of the stores within 100 miles had the case currently but she took my information so she could call when it does show up.

She sounded pretty confident that they would be carrying the case, and it is just a matter of time before they have it in stock.

They do care some Otterbox cases for a few of the phones they have.  All I can find on the web site are BlackBerry otterbox cases, but they do cary the brand.

I do like the Seido case, especially since it works with the extended battery, however, I like the Otterbox better because of the built in screen protector.  It offers a little better protection against the elements than the Seido case.  I can use my phone outside when it is raining without fear of rain getting down around the screen and into the phone as easily (still have to be careful of moisture regardless).

I also use the standard battery most of the time anyway.  My normal routine has me pretty close to power when I need it.  I also don't have as big of a problem with battery life as it seems many others are having.

With the standard battery I get 10 to 12 hours of standby/light to moderate use.  If I am surfing the web or using the phone more heavily the battery life drops but I generally get at least 4 to 6 hours out of it.

If I use the phone heavily that drops to around 2 to 2.5 hours but I rarely use my phone that heavily.

I have the extended battery as a backup.  I know I'll find times that I need to use that extra power and in those cases I'll simply have to strip the case off the phone and use it naked until I can get the standard battery charged back up.  I accept that as a acceptable downside of having a laptop in my pocket at all times...

And on top of it, I get a nice discount on accessories through the company I work for so the price is right in my range for the items VZW carries....:smileywink:

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i gotta go naked! this thing is already huge in my opinion!!!! lol

0 Likes