No Data Connection
desaber
Enthusiast - Level 2

This morning my TB was functioning correctly at some point between 8-9am this morning I lost my connection to mobile data. I have tried everything. Soft reset, hard reset, confirming mobile network settings. Checking signal strength and current enabled radio's via LTE on/off. I can access WIFI without any issues but my mobile connection is down and down hard. Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

-J

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No Data Connection
desaber
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, So I got a little Creative here. I was re-checking the mobile network settings and discovered the the APN name in the default internet was set to 1. This is incorrect and should be vzwinternet. I tried resetting to default several times but it would always reset to an APN name of 1 even after reboot. So I created a new APN with these settings: 

NOTE: settings not listed are default <not set>

APN Name:

vzwinternet

MMSC:

http://mms.vtext.com/serv;ets/mms

MMS Protocol:

WAP 2.0

MCC:

MNC:

APN type:

default,mms

I then saved this new APN and set it as my active APN. I then went into LTE on/off and set the radio to CDMA(prl), this sets the phone to 3g only. I then rebooted the phone. once it came back up i had data services again i made sure using lte on/off's ping test and surfing that i could get around. I then went back into APNs and reset to default (this deletes your new APN and resets your default internet APN name to vzwinternet. now go back to lte on/off and set yourself back on CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto. AND PRESTO. you now have working data again. 

I hope this helps others!

-J

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Karuk

My data connection dropped this morning and would not return until I removed my sim card and cleaned it. Data is back now.

0 Likes
eyelovemychevy

I had it happen where it was very intermittent on when I would get data connection.  It came down to the point where I was using my wifi at home because it was so bad.  I ended up getting a new phone and it works perfectly.  They did spend 2 hours trying to troubleshoot the phone and doing a couple hard resets.  

0 Likes
desaber
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried your suggestion same results. I'm seeing all over the web postings on this issue.. Is verizon doing anything about this?

0 Likes
desaber
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, So I got a little Creative here. I was re-checking the mobile network settings and discovered the the APN name in the default internet was set to 1. This is incorrect and should be vzwinternet. I tried resetting to default several times but it would always reset to an APN name of 1 even after reboot. So I created a new APN with these settings: 

NOTE: settings not listed are default <not set>

APN Name:

vzwinternet

MMSC:

http://mms.vtext.com/serv;ets/mms

MMS Protocol:

WAP 2.0

MCC:

MNC:

APN type:

default,mms

I then saved this new APN and set it as my active APN. I then went into LTE on/off and set the radio to CDMA(prl), this sets the phone to 3g only. I then rebooted the phone. once it came back up i had data services again i made sure using lte on/off's ping test and surfing that i could get around. I then went back into APNs and reset to default (this deletes your new APN and resets your default internet APN name to vzwinternet. now go back to lte on/off and set yourself back on CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto. AND PRESTO. you now have working data again. 

I hope this helps others!

-J

0 Likes
desaber
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry missed a fat finger. it should be

MMSC:

http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Thank u for that... Next time I will check that.
0 Likes