Nevermind....
drink2mny

I have lost my mind... Was just curious about grounds for someone to have class action lawsuit. Made me think someone might do it for the little guy. Made me think after I saw Freepress bring up a fight for tethering.

0 Likes
Re: Grounds for Class Action Lawsuit???
budone
Legend
Long story short, if you want to waste time, energy, and money getting a class action suit going that will take ten years or more to go through the courts to get a 2.25 credit on your bill, go for it.

It takes ages to get a safety recall issued on vehicles. A phone that reboot and does not have Skype? All I can offer is good luck in your suit.
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

ha, this reminds me of the fascinate days.  Never seems to end.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

How is this possibly grounds for a legal battle? HTC made the phone (how can you possibly blame Verizon for its bugs??), it's brand new (which means it will obviously have its bugs - you should have known that you'd have to deal with these when buying the phone when it first came out) Verizon's company-wide policy is to send out refurbished devices for replacements after 14 days. Do you have any idea how much money they'd lose if they sent out BRAND new phones for people with pitty problems? In fact, so many people are getting replacement after replacement Tbolts, I bet they're literally just circling around like currency - going from person to person. It's obviously an overall bad phone, why would you think getting a brand new one would change anything?

Also, I think you should definitely spell and grammar check your letter before sending it to ANY professional business if you want to be taken seriously.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

vereyezuhn wrote:
It's obviously an overall bad phone, why would you think getting a brand new one would change anything?

Saying it's an overall bad phone is a bit of a stretch.  Aside from the less than spectacular battery life, I've had exactly 0 issues with mine.  The problem is with the OTA.  If you get a CFLN with the factory firmware, the reboot issues all but disappear.  If you update, then you'll just be back where you started.  What Verizon should offer to do is reflash phones until they get everything straight.  It takes all of maybe 5min.     

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

PJNC284 wrote:

vereyezuhn wrote:
It's obviously an overall bad phone, why would you think getting a brand new one would change anything?

Saying it's an overall bad phone is a bit of a stretch.  Aside from the less than spectacular battery life, I've had exactly 0 issues with mine.  The problem is with the OTA.  If you get a CFLN with the factory firmware, the reboot issues all but disappear.  If you update, then you'll just be back where you started.  What Verizon should offer to do is reflash phones until they get everything straight.  It takes all of maybe 5min.     

I was told over and over that my problems were due to the update and I believed it because my original Thunderbolt didn't have an eighth of the issues it had till after the update and compared to all the replacement T-bolts I got after. Since VZW claimed they could not revert my T-bolt to the factory firmware I asked them to send me a NEW Thunderbolt that I could Deny the update on and live happilly till another update rolled out. Instead of simply sending out a new device I got three refurbs sent to me then their final solution was to send me a NEW Droid Charge. How is that cost effective?? Customer says they'll be satisfied with one new replacement and they send out multipul refurbs and a more expensive replacement. The worst part about all this is they know the update causes issues but the update continues to push out to phones. 

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

GreenRobot wrote:

How is that cost effective?? Customer says they'll be satisfied with one new replacement and they send out multipul refurbs and a more expensive replacement. The worst part about all this is they know the update causes issues but the update continues to push out to phones. 

Verizon doesn't exactly make the most logical choices.  It litterally takes 2 files and 5min and anyone with a computer could be back on the pre-OTA 1.12.605.6

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

PJNC284 wrote:

vereyezuhn wrote:

yeah, i wouldn't go so far as to call it a "bad phone." as far as i can tell, there are no more complaints/issues in this forum, than there are in any other forum. the inc has it's bugs, the fascinate, X, etc....even the iphone. there are hundreds of thousands of these devices out there, and, as with any device, thare are a few dozen users on this forum with real problems. the update has caused enough people problems for me to avoid it....but there are plenty of tbolts that work just fine. 

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

PJNC284 wrote:

GreenRobot wrote:

How is that cost effective?? Customer says they'll be satisfied with one new replacement and they send out multipul refurbs and a more expensive replacement. The worst part about all this is they know the update causes issues but the update continues to push out to phones. 

Verizon doesn't exactly make the most logical choices.  It litterally takes 2 files and 5min and anyone with a computer could be back on the pre-OTA 1.12.605.6

That is what's so frustrating and why I started the " do not let vzw replace your t-bolt " thread. There are people like you out there that find it so easy to change the firmware on a device with a home PC and a little know how. Verizon use to do and might still do updates or programming in stores with " techs" ( on feature phone mostly ) but abandoned that with the just send out a different device policy. I don't like to give someone fixing or troubleshooting my problems knowledge that I picked up from forums because it puts that in their head as the solution or problem so I like to let the " techs" diagnose issues and find solutions but the people VZW is paying to make the decision to replace a device have almost no knowledge of the problem and barely understand how to use their own data base to get devices fixed. It's sad but hey I got the newest 4g Droid out of it so I guess I should just let them keep {word filter avoidance}
up. 

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Woah, guys. I was being sarcastic when I said it was obviously an overall bad phone. Of course I don't think that, most of the issues on here are user issues :smileywink: I just meant that since the OP thought all Tbolts were bad, why would they request a new one?

0 Likes