Re: Leaked GB OTA 2.10xxx worksgreat
Wildman
Legend

Tha voicemail app works but the notification for the app seem to be broken, this is why this is still a leak version....   I perfer using "Better YouMail" myself so it wouldnt bother me if it worked or not...

0 Likes
Sborden
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tired of Waiting for VZ and HTC and really want to try this leak out but not sure how to go about it.

The new one is an .exe file how do you install it?

Also if its installed on a Stock Non-rooted Tbolt can i get the actual OTA when it comes out? 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i "believe you will get the OTA unless the leak becomes the official version. i'm not sure, but as long as a newer version was made and then pushed OTA, then you should still get it (i think). however, if this version became the official final version, then i think you're device wouldn't recognize the OTA because it would see that you already have that version. check out xda or androidcentral if you really want to look in to installing it....or private message someone here that's done so. just my 2 cents....but if they've leaked 2 versions in a week, then i suspect you'll be getting GB soon anyway?????

0 Likes
Sborden
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well i went ahead and installed the new leak and other than having to reset everything on the phone, which i had backups for, the new leak is working great.  I havent had the Voicemail icon issue that some are reporting.

0 Likes
Another_Dave
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hear me out before I get blasted. I recently switched from T-Mobile  (late March - early April this yr). I had a BlackBerry Curve, a leaked OS / official for Europe showed up on XDA's site giving details on loading, etc. I installed the leaked version of the OS, and ......it worked perfectly fine until I retired the BB for the HD2. Back to today, I'm willing to wait a short time (at least I hope it's soon) to receive the official OTA for the ThunderBolt. Why? I do not want any bugs to mess it up. Cap'n Obvious, but Android is very different from BB's OS.

my $0.02

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Sborden wrote:

Tired of Waiting for VZ and HTC and really want to try this leak out but not sure how to go about it.

The new one is an .exe file how do you install it?

Also if its installed on a Stock Non-rooted Tbolt can i get the actual OTA when it comes out? 

Actually it is a chance that you will not receive new build updates because this isnt a authorized version and the updates usually looks for traces of previous certified version released that was authorized also you need to know that by installing this on your device and you experience any issues the device wont be serviced under warranty because you installed unauthorized OS. 

I am not trying to change you mind but I believe you should understand what you are getting into.

0 Likes
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

the best part is all the added features GB bring!!!!

like adding apps on your lock screen.. OMG!!!

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Elitist_Jerk wrote:

huh? 

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Elitist_Jerk wrote:

I think you are misunderstanding what GB is, you are speaking of Sense 3.0 and this is not part of GB...

If you want the Sense 3.0 lockscreen you can get that now with a app from market...  Check out my post at http://community.vzw.com/t5/Android-Apps/Sense-3-0-lock-screen-FOR-ANY-DEVICE/td-p/632709

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i apologize in advance if i'm wrong, but i'm fairly certain he's being sarcastic, which i find ironic, from an iphone user.

0 Likes