Re: Kit Kat Destroy's HTC One....
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

My HTC One is working fine after update to KitKat -- no issues for me! Smiley Happy

annaha
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have also been having problems with my HTC One since the update. Battery life cut in half, photos all blurry, every one, etc. I have been on the phone with Verizon and then Level 3 Tier Tech Support for HTC all together over 5 hours. Factory reset lost all my photos. (That was my only request is please don't lose my photos! We backed up but...lost anyway.)They cannot fix my phone. I am still under warranty with the phone. I went in to my Verizon Store today and Scott (removed) said that my photos were supposed to be blurry (?!) and the only thing they could do was to give me a "clean" phone (read: not new phone but a refurbished one) or get me on the Edge program for $30 extra a month. This is unacceptable. I want a NEW phone if my phone is under warranty and Verizon nor HTC can fix my phone.

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

nuckah
Enthusiast - Level 1

How to ruin the perfect phone, update to Kit Kat.  This was the worst thing to ever happen with the phone. The update to Kit Kat was forced to users (I didn't want to update but the notice kept popping up every time you use the phone) so you're forced to hit that button.  And since then, the phone is deemed useless.  This morning, my phone was charged to 100% and by the time I got to work, it was down to 57%.  To top it off, it now takes forever to charge the phone.  GPS now sucks.  It sits there and never moves and when it does, you've passed where you were going or the street you're suppose to turn on.  The camera and the pictures it takes are no longer clear - it has a difficult time focusing and getting the lighting correct. My messaging apps no longer works properly...and the problem goes on and on.  These updates should not be forced for one thing.  I totally LOVED my phone, yes LOVED but the LOVE is no longer there due to a stupid chocolate bar that I didn't want my phone to eat.  Thanks KIT KAT.

annaha
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow! You know, my phone is having similar issues. Yes, the battery life is

cut in half. Yes, the GPS now just does not work right. I cannot get the

phone to navigate. One time it worked and I was amazed how good it worked.

But not now. Yes, the photos are all blurry. My bluetooth does not always

turn on the phone to make a call. Sometimes it turns on the Google Now app.

I want my money refunded. I had the phone for 3 weeks before the update.

Verizon, make an exception on this.

LAB3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here. Horrible.  Kit kat massacred a great phone.  I loved my htc one but now it us useless.

0 Likes
LAB3
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a known nightmare

LAB3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have requested a new phone and will not update to kitkat

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well what's bad you can't revert your phone back like you can a Computer if say the OS doesn't run stable on it, And as for replacing a Phone because the K.K. OS messed it up)  I sure did..  I took back a brand spanking new Droid Max that got in Feb. on my B.Day it was running Fine!  on Jelly Bean actually excellent, In the short time I had Jelly Bean on it I streamed music, Play some games took some pictures.. The phone was running as I mentioned with no ill effects..

I updated my Maxx to Kit Kat and the phone that had ran so well I seen the absolutely the opposite after the update I ran two system cache clears in hopes it would fix the issue it did not change one bit, So I passed on running a Factory Reset  I took the phone back to one Store ran into some trouble returning it, so I went to another Corporate store and a Rep that I knew took a Look at it,  he could tell it was operating poorly so he DOA'd it on the spot I went home with another Droid Max and as for updating I'm holding off as Long as I can..

Hopefully an update comes soon!  or possibly you and other members that are having these issues from the update can do something about it like maybe getting a replacement phone.. As I was able to do with my Droid Max

0 Likes
Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

Sorry for your trouble....but compared to the Galaxy S4, HTC One users are in heaven. With the Galaxy S4 users who just recently updated to Kit Kat, we now can not make outgoing calls, Can't receive or send text messages, battery life drained to 3 hours use, wifi doesnt work, can not connect to the Google Play Store, overheating.  I received the same two text messages over 300 times.  Our phones have been turned into a giant expensive TV remotes.

Wish I had bought the HTC One.

Come over to the S4 forum if you want to feel better.  Hope you find a quick solution there.

0 Likes