Jellybean for Rezound?
stevesharkman
Enthusiast - Level 2

HTC and Verizon, I'm putting you on notice now, start working on the Jellybean upgrade for this phone NOW.

The phone's processor and other hardware are more than enough to handle the next Android operating system.

Get to work.  Don't fail us and let us down like you've done with Ice Cream Sandwich.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Jellybean for Rezound?
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

lol.  You're putting HTC and Verizon on notice for an OS that hasn't even been announced yet?  Be sure to let us know how that works out.

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Ummmmm, sorry, but that's just not possible, Jelly Bean has not even been announced officially, much less source released for anyone (outside of Google) to start work on it. How can you, in any way, know that the Rezound can handle it. The only thing that anybody has even seen of it is a (possible) screen shot.

Tidbits
Legend

So how is HTC and Verizon supposed to start working on it now when

1. It isn't announced

2. Source code isn't available

3. Google hasn't released when it will be available?

Do HTC and Verizon have a time machine?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Oh one more thing... screenshots can be faked through a build prop modification.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Just think of the threads we have to look forward to once it's announced at google I/O next week.  Forget Jellybean...I want Key Lime Pie and I want it NOW!!!!!

0 Likes
Ranzound
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry to say but the best looking route for Android doesn't look like it's with CDMA. Switch to GSM and then buy all the unlocked, carrier bloat-free phones you want all day long. And with that said, you might as well just buy a Nexus straight from the Play store. If I decide to stick with Android down the road, GSM is the path I'm taking. Lots more unlocked choices out there.

Tidbits
Legend

GSM semi open source. Only the library is proprietary code.

CDMA = proprietary code which belongs to Qualcomm. The way it is written it needs 3 signed keys. Qualcomm CAN change the coding to require 1 key and it would work better for updates and such.

0 Likes
stevesharkman
Enthusiast - Level 2

i just said they should be working on it.

i know, i expect people to work hard and do their job.

i expect the best, not the worst from companies and people.

sorry to buck the trend with all the buzz-kills out there.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Yes, and if you would listen to what I have told you many times over, you would know that THEY CAN"T.  Google has to release the source code before HTC can do ANYTHING with Jelly Bean.  If they start work on it now, they would probably come up with something, maybe even something worth using, but it would not be Jelly Bean.

0 Likes