Is my HTC One unlocked?
1ANTHONY99

Is my HTC One Max already unlocked at time of purchase from a Verizon store or do I have to have it unlocked?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unlocked
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the phone isn't already unlocked for USA carriers, there isn't any way to manually unlock the country restriction.

The more recent models of 4G LTE smartphone offered by Verizon Wireless have been fully SIM unlocked including the country restriction. The only way to find out if the model you are interested in is fully unlocked is to insert another carrier's SIM card in the phone and setup their APN.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

All Verizon 4G LTE devices are unlocked from the start.

0 Likes
1ANTHONY99

So that means I can take my phone over to any carrier that accepts my IMEI number?

0 Likes
Not applicable

You cannot use it on any USA carrier. It is unlocked for use out of the country only.

Someday maybe. I know that T-Mobile and AT&T have limited use with certain devices. However they are GSM devices.

The iPhone 5s is unlocked for limited carrier use, on other networks.

Good Luck

0 Likes
1ANTHONY99

So how do I get it unlocked for another US carrier?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the phone isn't already unlocked for USA carriers, there isn't any way to manually unlock the country restriction.

The more recent models of 4G LTE smartphone offered by Verizon Wireless have been fully SIM unlocked including the country restriction. The only way to find out if the model you are interested in is fully unlocked is to insert another carrier's SIM card in the phone and setup their APN.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable
0 Likes