Re: ICS UPDATE FOR HTC REZOUND
Tidbits
Legend

You know... Depending how you look at it... End of the world as we know it could mean the world doesn't end. Just changes. For example the industrial age changed the world as we knew it to be. When we learned the sun didn't revolve around the earth changed how we perceived our world to be.

Anyway it happens. Personally speaking never buy a device based on an update. Regardless of what carrier. Buy a device for what it has now and if you get an update other than security and bug fixes then it's gravy. It's safe to assume 1 major update within 2 years, but don't expect a second one. Keep in mind most manufacturers make their money from the sale. Apple and Google make residual after the sale of theirs where they have a larger incentive to push out updates.

Tidbits
Legend

Can you link that Verizon website where they advertise that feature?

0 Likes
cansofspam
Enthusiast - Level 3

already linked it and quoted it.

It was in the VZW press release for rezound

http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2011/11/pr2011-11-03e.html

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I guess you have never had a job where just to get employed you have to sign multiple NDAs for various companies even if you don't work there. Apple is very notorious for it. MS too. You should see Square Enix or Rock star games NDAs. USM you have a massive one which could get you life in fed pen for breaking them.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That's what HTC said on their site as well long before this press release. I tell you now. Based on the HTC thrill case you have a bigger shot against HTC than you do on Verizon.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Tidbits wrote:

That's what HTC said on their site as well long before this press release. I tell you now. Based on the HTC thrill case you have a bigger shot against HTC than you do on Verizon.

Would this also not fall under the customer agreement that says

"This agreement and the documents it incorporates form the entire agreement between us. You can't rely on any other documents, or on what's said by any sales or customer service representatives, and you have no other rights regarding Service or this agreement. "

0 Likes
glockberg
Enthusiast - Level 3

I didn't pay HTC directly for the phone, I paid Verizon and they pushed the marketing and press release. All I am asking is get it done and tell us the status.

0 Likes
cansofspam
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think there's a fundamental difference in your thoughts.

I agree not to buy a device on EXPECTED updates. ie I bought a touchpad on the expectation that it would get ICS ported, I was lucky and it happened. Or perhaps a better example, buying a 6mo old or 1yo device that has version X of android and expecting the company to update it to version Y just because it was released within the 18mo timeframe agreed upon by the android update alliance. In such a case the company has made no specific promises/statements regarding the device in question, though may still have some measure of obligation under the alliance (but since I've never seen the stipulations to this, I can't say).

It is quite another matter when the device comes out immediately before a revision, and in this case AFTER the revision had been announced and then being assured through advertising that the device would be updated in a reasonable time frame after release (early 2012). Think OSX or windows8, apple or microsoft says you'll be able to upgrade for free or reduced if you bought a new computer after the announcement of the next revision, perhaps it was also announced that this would be available on day 1, but I don't recall seeing such a thing. So lets say Day 1 rolls around and you try to find out about your update. you're told nothing and no update is made available to you. Lets say this goes on for 3-6 months. After all, in this hypothetical example it was never specifically said you'd get it on day 1 of launch, you'd have absolutely no reason to be upset based on your rationale.

0 Likes
dtanner
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agree,

I myself think allot of people here are arguing over nothing of any substance. NDA can't and won't be broken simple as that doesn't matter how you or I feel about it, doesn't matter how "fair or unfair" it is. It's a contract signed by both parties simple as that. No need to dance around it.

Back to what matters...

The phone is garbage for doing anything other than placing a phone call with it's bugs. The internet drops out every few seconds on 4G and every few minutes on 3G it's not limited to a single or set of apps it does this with the stock HTC web browser, there are plenty of speculations out there as to what the problem is in my opinion the one that makes the most sense is referring to a driving not loading properly on boot this should be fixed in the illusive ICS update.This isn't limited to a single location or even State, I've traveled on my job between 3 in the past few weeks that all are 4G zones same problems. At this point who cares about the ICS update what Verizon needs to do is issue a recall on all HTC rezound phones and replace the device with something that works I like HTC ...missing my thunderbolt. I'm trying to hold out until the update is finally pushed out and after that if there are still issues with the phone my plan is to demand a replacement device of another model or I'll take my $400 a month and go to another carrier. I have hundreds of co-works in the same building with other 4G devices that work just fine on Verizon, my wife's thunderbolt has no problems, 20+ people here in my office building alone that have the Rezound are all experiencing the exact same problems with it. Google search it most all of the Rezounds are plagued with these bugs.

A Recall of the device is needed in my opinion.

0 Likes
cansofspam
Enthusiast - Level 3

still not clear as to the aspect this NDA covers in this conversation.

Perhaps if you outlined who would be in breach of the NDA, and under what circumstance.

0 Likes