Re: ICS UPDATE FOR HTC REZOUND
Tidbits
Legend

Soon by definition could mean from now until the end of time. 🙂

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Officially speaking do you know what an NDA is? No company will break an NDA.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

glockberg wrote:

That is not my point. My point is the lack of the response from the company that I write a check to. I do feel it was misleading marketing however. That being said, Big Red needs to step up and Officially respond to customers.

I'll agree with you there.  Lack of information causes a lot of frutration for everyone involved but Verizon has a history of keeping everyone uninformed so no reason to think it'd be any different now.

0 Likes
glockberg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, if we just wait until Dec 21, 2012, the Mayans will fix the whole thing for us anyway and we won't need phones.

0 Likes
cansofspam
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think "the reasonable man" (ie the hypothetical person who "interprets" things like this in the law) would view early to be 1st quarter if not sooner... and I highly doubt that ANY reasonable person would interpret early as being over halfway through the year. Any so-called argument to the contrary is without a doubt, trolling.

0 Likes
cansofspam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not really sure how you think NDA applies here?

0 Likes
glockberg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Absolutely correct. And, lets not use a supposed non-disclosure agreement. That is irrelevant when talking about informing the customers as to the status. No one say that they have to be specific. If HTC and VZW have an agreement that they cannot reveal the status of a project, then don't freakin' advertise that the device will be upgraded during a certain time period. I also don't think the NDA if that is what was meant by the initials, will prevent VZW from just saying that the software is not ready from prime time and we will get back to you...

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

cansofspam wrote:

I think "the reasonable man" (ie the hypothetical person who "interprets" things like this in the law) would view early to be 1st quarter if not sooner... and I highly doubt that ANY reasonable person would interpret early as being over halfway through the year. Any so-called argument to the contrary is without a doubt, trolling.

Any "reasonable" person would also note that those dates are subject to change.  Even the HTC site says "Please note these dates are targets and may shift due to testing and approvals".  It does make you wonder why they keep putting up the page as if they've released it though.

0 Likes
cansofspam
Enthusiast - Level 3

To borrow your "argument":

Show me this definition, from an authoritative source, of "soon" (which was not at all the word used, see below for m-w definitions) that states anything similar to from now till the end of time.

VZW stated "early 2012"

m-w defines early, in this context, as:

1. near the beginning of a period of time <awoke early in the morning>
      2. near the beginning of a course, process, or series <early in his senatorial career>

soon:

1. a obsolete : at once : immediately
    2. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/immediatelyb : without undue time lapse : before long <soon after sunrise>
    3. in a prompt manner : speedily <as soon as possible> <thesooner the better> <no sooner said than done>

0 Likes
cansofspam
Enthusiast - Level 3

VZW site says nothing of dates being subject to change.

This was an ADVERTISED FEATURE of the phone.

The feature is not there AS ADVERTISED.

To say that such a thing is subject to change is akin to saying it would be fine if you had your device and discovered it now runs DOS 3.11 instead of android. or even android 1.0

I used to think that Apple fanboys were a bit over the top, but you VZW fanboys/apologists have them beat by a fair margin.

0 Likes