Re: ICS UPDATE FOR HTC REZOUND
Tidbits
Legend

You are locked in to a contract when you buy a car and get that loan. I don't see the same outcry to your bank when something goes wrong with your car.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Also it's already been discussed most of that bloatware comes from manufacturers.

0 Likes
z3pp3lin

Tidbits wrote: You are locked in to a contract when you buy a car and get that loan. I don't see the same outcry to your bank when something goes wrong with your car.

Yep, we should complain to banks when there's something wrong with our house also or the credit card companies because there's something wrong with the TV from Walmart.  So do you bring your car to the bank when there's a problem with your car because you will bring your cell phone to the carrier when there's a problem. Banks don't add there own branding to the car.

0 Likes
z3pp3lin

Well of course the manufactures install most of the bloatware; they are the manufactures of theses devices. Verizon is just the 3rd party retailer and shouldn't need to waist more time branding OSes.  The problem is that Verizon cares to much about the phones and us customers unlike those banks that give us loans but wont here my complaint and 3rd party retailers that only sell the XBox's but don't care enough to put there own touch to it.....lol

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

As I said 100 posts or so ago. Manufacturers have a warranty agreement with carriers. You go to them instead of sending them your faulty units. Would you rather wait same day or 2-3 weeks? I am willing to be if these manufacturers were more like Apple and had physical stores in every state it would be just like how Apple does it.

0 Likes
Mufin_Mann

The issue is Verizon in November advertised Rezound was getting ICS in beginning of 2012 and it is August and we still dont have it, and we dont hear a thing from them.  It may not be their fault, but we do pay them and we are their customers.  We have every right to complain to them. They advertised in their stores it was getting ICS, HTC didnt go to the stores and hang the advertisements.  So since they are the ones who advertise they are responsible.  So if it is not their fault then they need to be representing their customers.  Any business that believes their customers were sold a false sense of goods would be protecting their customers because it is a reflection of them. No Verizon did not make the phones but what they did was promise us an update in the beginning of 2012 and it still has not come to fruition. When i did have a problem with my xbox yes i did take it back to gamestop and they inturn took it up with Microsoft.  When i have a problem with my insurance i take it up to the person i have representing me which is my agent.  We pay Verizon good money and quite a bit of it, they need to be representing all of their customers and what verizon needs to do is if it is HTCs fault they need to get on the phone with HTC and tell them they need to make this up to their customers... they should be refunding some of the people like myself who paid 300 bucks for a phone, not all but some because they have not lived up their end of the deal.  But the absolute minimum we should get is an apology and an explanation.  Both Verizon and HTC should be telling us where the update is.  I know it is a very complicated update and i would understand if they said HTC has turned in an update to Verizon and they are going through the process and hopefully we can go on to the next step. Or, unfortunately we have found some issues so we have to work on a few things before we send it back.  But what is unacceptable is nobody saying a word, that is what is so frustrating, people call and all they get are lies or corporate answers saying "soon".  We have been hearing "soon" for 8 months now.  It is time for Verizon to take care of their customers and let us know what is going on and i believe everyone should get half of what they paid for their phones back and Google ought to be chewing both of their butts off for letting this get as ugly as it is, I almost cancelled Verizon but the Rezound hooked me into a 2 year contract.  When it is over i dont think i will get another HTC again nor let Verizon keep my business and I will be looking to get out of the Android phone... all too much of a hassle.

0 Likes
cansofspam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tidbits wrote:

Also it's already been discussed most of that bloatware comes from manufacturers.

Who discussed it? and what bloatware are you referring to when determining "most"?

If you are referring to all the VZW branded bloatware, I'm sure that HTC adds that valuable software upon no request/prompting whatsoever from VZW........

Tidbits wrote:

Do Xbox 360 owners complain to gamestop for their RROD?  No they send it into walmart.

Still trying to figure out why they're sending it to "walmart."

0 Likes
Mufin_Mann

Its a shame.  With how good the Rezound could be... It out to be a crime to let HTC and Verizon do what they do to that phone.  HTC should have just held it back a month and sold it Right before Christmas with ICS.  That phone should never had GB on it in the first place

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

As I said earlier in this thread. Manufacturers put their own bloatware. Motorola for a prime example. The Droid RAZR has a crapton of bloatware. If you look at the European version and the Asian version you will see the same across the board except for the carrier version. You can see the same with HTC, Samsung, LG, and so on and so forth.

0 Likes
cansofspam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tidbits wrote:

As I said earlier in this thread. Manufacturers put their own bloatware. Motorola for a prime example. The Droid RAZR has a crapton of bloatware. If you look at the European version and the Asian version you will see the same across the board except for the carrier version. You can see the same with HTC, Samsung, LG, and so on and so forth.

So it wasn't discussed then. Check

Perhaps I'm alone here... but I wouldn't consider most of the stuff that manufacturers put on there to be bloatware. now a 100's of mb of some stupid game that I'll never play and can't delete, that I consider bloatware.

If you want to argue that sense or any other UI is bloatware, maybe, but you know going in that a given manufacturer is going to have their skin on it.

That's like saying I don't like Coca-Cola cause it doesn't taste like crisp clean mountain spring water.

You buy the flavor you like.

0 Likes