Re: ICS UPDATE FOR HTC REZOUND
Bizzy_RCSAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

That onedude made a screen name just to wig out..that is hilarious! (with

my name in it!! Get a life. Everyone but tibits on here is a moron..

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

My point is the fact Verizon is not a gatekeeper like you are claiming.

0 Likes
Bizzy_RCSAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Excuse me..tidbits..my phones auto correct..ha maybe vzw will let me out of

my contract because my auto correct is messed up.. lol!

0 Likes
Bizzy_RCSAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

There it is...I got ICS!! Go chck and i bet everyone has it

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Bizzy_RCSAD wrote:

OS update come in waves.  It sound like you got into the initial group.  It will take a few weeks to push out to all the Rezound users.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Bizzy_RCSAD wrote:

That's not ICS, just a small (only 7MB) update to prepare the device for the upcoming update.  Looks like people are getting the actual 4.0 update after installing the mini update though.

0 Likes
cansofspam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tidbits wrote:

My point is the fact Verizon is not a gatekeeper like you are claiming.

The reference to gatekeeper was more with regard to keeping devices off their network. ie they approve each and every device that the bless and deem worthy of being on their network.

And if you're attempting to say that verizon isn't (or won't be) restricting regional carriers that sign up for such things as you described, I think you'll be proven wrong in short order.

0 Likes
z3pp3lin

Tidbits wrote:

Did Verizon make the device?  No, HTC did.  Do Xbox 360 owners complain to gamestop for their RROD?  No they send it into walmart.  When it comes to the devices Verizon is no more than a 3rd party retailer.  Like you said yourself "What I am saying is any company, be it the gas station around the corner, a restaurant, government or the phone providers need to be as transparent as possible and communicate with their customer base" When you bought that phone you are a HTC customer.  You purchased a device that was manufactured and produced by HTC.  HTC could be more transparent like Motorola was in the past, but chooses not to.  Much like when you buy a car and the bank helps you pay for it they are no more responsible to ensure that car works for you.

We are not locked in to a 2 year contract with GameStop though. Yes, we are HTC customers, but we are Verizon customers also. Probably more than with HTC since in 2 years we could be a customer of Samsung, Motorola, Apple, ect. and still with Verizon. GameStop doesn't add crapware that can not be removed to an XBox and banks (lol) don't have ATMs in them. 

0 Likes
Bizzy_RCSAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

No I actually got it a few mins later...but thanks. I'm out...I'm

happy..peace out

0 Likes
das0527v2_0
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have any of you seen this? It was posted earlier today an is asking users about the Rezound's ICS delay. I took it. Check it out.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JGHZFQ7

0 Likes