Re: ICS UPDATE FOR HTC REZOUND
Shadowfaxcrx

Tidbits wrote:

rwood04 wrote:

I found this on Verizon's website. If you scroll down to Additional Features this is what it says, "Operating System: Android 2.3™ (Gingerbread) with latest HTC Sense – an upgrade to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) will be available in early 2012". Is August still considered early 2012?

http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2011/11/pr2011-11-03e.html

When that was printed it match HTC own website.  Since then HTC has changed theirs twice.  Which goes further to say the dates may change.

I don't think you understand the point. Verizon made a material promise. They sold the phone. They're responsible for the fulfillment of that promise.

If you go to a car dealership, and the salesman tells you a car will do 100mph, and then you buy it and it stops accelerating at 35, the dealership does not then get to say "well we were just parroting what Chevy said, and have absolutely no responsibility for the claims we made."

Verizon made the promise, and did not qualify it with "HTC claims Android 4 will be available." They said it WILL be available, and people bought the phone based on that promise - because who is going to buy a high-end phone if they're told up front that it will kicked to the curb as far as updates?

From reports from people who have installed the ICS leaks, it appears that Rezounds with ICS handle 4g network drops more gracefully - unlike many of ours, which lose all data connectivity at random and increasingly frequent and lengthy intervals. So this is not just people angrily stamping their feet because they don't have a new shiny - this is people angrily stamping their feet because we are paying full price for reliable 4g data every month, and aren't getting what we pay for - which it seems we could be getting if what Verizon promised had been delivered.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I have shown multiple examples to show how that is flawed. In the past 3 years that argument has lost every single time. The main reason is Carriers don't manufacture the devices. Argue and complain all you want nothing changes that fact.

0 Likes
cansofspam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tidbits wrote:

If you say so. The internet is never wrong.

I take it you have some sort of proof that:

1. MobiPCS has LTE
  2. That their LTE network operates on the same frequency that VZW holds the nationwide license for.
0 Likes
cansofspam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tidbits wrote:

I have shown multiple examples to show how that is flawed. In the past 3 years that argument has lost every single time. The main reason is Carriers don't manufacture the devices. Argue and complain all you want nothing changes that fact.

You have yet to show a single example that a similar situation has been present in the past.

One where the carrier made a promised timeframe for a feature that was not delivered.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Samsung Behold 2 (2.0 update ended up getting 1.6)

LG Thrill (2.3 update)

Galaxy S Vibrant (2.2 update)

Motorola Cliq (took almost 2 years to get 1 major update)

iPhone 3G/S when they introduced MMS (AT&T said it was coming end of summer)

There's a few more, all of them were lawsuits about an update.  ALL of them lost because they made it against the carrier.  None of them went after the MANUFACTURER.   Look them all up if you wish.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

MobiPCS piggy backs off Verizon network.  MobiPCS will support LTE they had a press release a while back.  Due to Block C rules it is advantageous for Mobi to do so and even said that themselves.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Ann154 wrote:

jking87 wrote:

why not have the best and fastest updates ....galaxy s 3 ....

Samsung is not known for having the fastest of OS updates either.

I had a pretty good laugh at that myself.  Someone is going to be HIGHLY disappointed.

Shadowfaxcrx

Tidbits wrote:

Very few sales people actually make the products they sell. According to your logic, no store is ever responsible for the claims their sales people make.

Society, and the law, disagrees with you.

0 Likes
cansofspam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tidbits wrote:

Samsung Behold 2 (2.0 update ended up getting 1.6)

LG Thrill (2.3 update)

Galaxy S Vibrant (2.2 update)

Motorola Cliq (took almost 2 years to get 1 major update)

iPhone 3G/S when they introduced MMS (AT&T said it was coming end of summer)

There's a few more, all of them were lawsuits about an update.  ALL of them lost because they made it against the carrier.  None of them went after the MANUFACTURER.   Look them all up if you wish.

And all of those had promised/stated dates provided by the CARRIER? I know the MMS one did...

I'm familiar with the MMS and that one "lost" because they WERE suing the MANUFACTURER (Apple). Apple argued that it was AT&T's problem to notify and the court agreed. Court remanded the case to arbitration with AT&T as per the TOS with AT&T. I don't recall hearing the final outcome from that arbitration, perhaps it was NDA Smiley Happy

(this is from memory, which I'll concede isn't what it used to be, but I don't feel like looking up the details right now, you're more than welcome to offer a counter point).

0 Likes
cansofspam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tidbits wrote:

MobiPCS piggy backs off Verizon network.  MobiPCS will support LTE they had a press release a while back.  Due to Block C rules it is advantageous for Mobi to do so and even said that themselves.

So now you're saying I can use my phone on MobiPCS because at some point in the future they "will support LTE"

I thought your position this whole time has been to not make decisions based on things that might happen in the future.

Or have you change your viewpoint?

0 Likes