Re: ICS UPDATE FOR HTC REZOUND
dbWarrior
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is very true.  As like with most things in life you must pick your battles, so to speak, but just turning a deaf ear (i.e. mis/non communication is a bad way to deal with any customer) After all most of us are not asking for the moon here. I think it is in my right as a paying customer and owner of a HTC Rezound from the first day it was sold have a right to a fully working and functional phone. I for one do not consider this phone fully working when using a data service (4G) I pay dearly for to cut in and out of service. This is nothing more frustrating that trying read something or play a video and have it stop to tell you that your internet connection is LOST.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

dbWarrior wrote:

This is very true.  As like with most things in life you must pick your battles, so to speak, but just turning a deaf ear (i.e. mis/non communication is a bad way to deal with any customer) After all most of us are not asking for the moon here. I think it is in my right as a paying customer and owner of a HTC Rezound from the first day it was sold have a right to a fully working and functional phone. I for one do not consider this phone fully working when using a data service (4G) I pay dearly for to cut in and out of service. This is nothing more frustrating that trying read something or play a video and have it stop to tell you that your internet connection is LOST.

based on other updates, a new os may not fix your issue

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The problem is Verizon didn't make the device. It's no different than buying a TV at Best Buy. Even the Nexus devices you have to go to the manufacturer and not Google for warranty. HTC is the one that really needs to communicate. If you notice when HTC says something Verizon regurgitates what HTC says? That wreaks of a NDA.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

dbWarrior wrote:

This is very true.  As like with most things in life you must pick your battles, so to speak, but just turning a deaf ear (i.e. mis/non communication is a bad way to deal with any customer) After all most of us are not asking for the moon here.

unfortunately, there's just not enough unhappy rezound owners to matter. as mentioned earlier, not many customers have the rezound, and MUCH fewer even know they don't have ICS, or what ICS is. while i agree that the update should have been pushed by now, i don't believe verizon cares much. it's kind of like Winmo (or whatever it's called). sure, a few people left to go get the Lumia on another network, but there's just not enough of a risk of losing a lot of customers for verizon to go out and immediately provide a newer windows phone. the sda truth is that they focus MUCH more on motorolla and samsung devices, than on HTC. a small team can work to perfect the razor or sIII and make millions of customers happier, or they can work on the rezound and make a couple hundred thousand customers happier (if that?).

i "think" they were the only major carrier to actually net more customers (gained more than they lost) last year. i'm not positive, but i thought i had read that a while back. if that's the case, then they are WAY ahead of the competition in terms of keeping their client base.

0 Likes
glockberg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Again, it is Verizon's responsibility to keep the customer informed and be responsive. The  response may not be what the customer wants to hear. But they must remain responsive to every customer if they wish to retain them. The customer is not always right or reasonable.They are always the customer. I worked in government providing public safety services for 33 years. I will tell you that not everyone liked the answers we gave but in order for the agency to retain trust and support we had to be honest and transparent. If not, we would quickly become ineffective and we would lose funding and benefits. Any business that fails to recognize this will not continue to prosper.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

There's a LARGE difference between what you do and what Verizon does.  I would agree with you if Verizon made the device.  HTC makes the device, and they are the ones who make the update.  Regardless if Verizon approves the update or not. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If you look at the Cliq it is a PRIME example of the update process.  Motorola was at the time the most transparent about updates.  They got burned by their customers as most of them couldn't fathom what was going on.  T-Mobile was caught in the middle and they had the most relaxed update process than any other carrier.  It was so terrible... I completely understand why carriers would rather keep their mouths shut.

0 Likes
glockberg
Enthusiast - Level 3

See, I disagree. We both provide a service. If we do not have customer support, we cannot continue to do business. The vast majority of our customers are very happy. But it just takes a vocal few to degrade that support and our reputation. Verizon is no different. They provide a service. I am not saying that they should hand out new phones to unsatisfied Rezound owners. I am not saying that they are to blame for ICS not being ready. And frankly, I don't need to deal with HTC. I contract my hard earned money to Verizon. They represent me as the consumer.  What I am saying is any company, be it the gas station around the corner, a restaurant, government or the phone providers need to be as transparent as possible and communicate with their customer base. I have always told my staff or the community that they can ask a question. I won't punt it and guess but will answer I don't know but I will find out. That is all most of us are asking here.

0 Likes
bit_by_bit

Very true Verizon does NOT make the update, they just test it. I can confirm this with the email HTC sent me a few seconds ago.

Dear,

I see that you have a HTC device and you're looking for information about the ICS update for your device.

I'll be happy to assist you by providing you some information about this as I understand the importance of knowing information about your phone!

HTC does not announce dates for release of software due to the nature of the software development process. At any point in the software development cycle a situation may be encountered that requires anything from some minor additional rework, to complete rewrites of the software base. Only after the final acceptance testing has been successfully completed will HTC release software. The normal time period between the final acceptance testing and release of software is about a week and often shorter than that.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Did Verizon make the device?  No, HTC did.  Do Xbox 360 owners complain to gamestop for their RROD?  No they send it into walmart.  When it comes to the devices Verizon is no more than a 3rd party retailer.  Like you said yourself "What I am saying is any company, be it the gas station around the corner, a restaurant, government or the phone providers need to be as transparent as possible and communicate with their customer base" When you bought that phone you are a HTC customer.  You purchased a device that was manufactured and produced by HTC.  HTC could be more transparent like Motorola was in the past, but chooses not to.  Much like when you buy a car and the bank helps you pay for it they are no more responsible to ensure that car works for you.

As I said I would agree with you ONLY if Verizon made the device and sold the device themselves which they didn't do.  Before you say I am a shill for Verizon or work for them...  I said the same thing on AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile boards...  This misplaced blame is what causes this problem in the first place.

0 Likes