Re: ICS UPDATE FOR HTC REZOUND
glockberg
Enthusiast - Level 3

First of all, HTC did give a roll out date in an official email, not some doctored fake like the Best Buy release and this last Verizon one. HTC said Jun/Jul. Well, tomorrow is August. One of the reasons that I picked the Rezound over the Razor or the even the Samsun Nexus II was the hardware and the fact that ICS was expected before April. It is one of the best pieces of hardware and ICS would only enhance the operation and battery life. While I am happy with the device, I would have either waited or picked up the Nexus II.  HTC and Verizon sold the phone with an expected delivery of ICS in the first quarter. Third quarter going on four.

I hate repeating myself, but what the heck. We contract with Verizon, not HTC and not Google. They are the carrier and it is their responsibility and no one elses to address their customers concerns and ensure that the promises made are kept. Even if technical issues outside of Verizon's control exist, there is no reason that they cannot communicate the status to their paying customers. I spend $300 a month for my family's phones and then pile FIOS on top of it. Frankly, if they want to keep their high quarterly earning reports glowing, they need to do a better job of customer relations. I am not talking about the customer is always right. But, the customer is always the customer.

Tidbits
Legend

In that email did they give a specific date? If not they got from when they sent it till the end of the world. If they gave a specific date then you would have a case.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Not to knock the dev community, they do some great work, but everything up until recently has been based on the leaked versions, with some stuff taken out and some optimizations. And for any more real progress, kernel source is needed. Remember, custom firmware is always a work in progress, but they have the convenience of being able to release something that is still somewhat buggy.

cansofspam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Even if they didn't give a specific date in the "email" don't you think that the preceding press release from VZW regarding the rezound is sufficient to not only make the case, but to make it a slam dunk?

"Operating System: Android 2.3™ (Gingerbread) with latest HTC Sense – an upgrade to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) will be available in early 2012"

emphasis added.

An additional slap in the face arrived today, for those who didn't see it, the Evo 3d for the big S was given an update to ICS.

VZW more than owes us an update and/or compensation.

PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Did they ever define "early" though?  It's kind of like "soon".

0 Likes
glockberg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yep, I agree. Not only was that advertised, there was a Verizon ICS map- official that is, that had June/July. Add to that the HTC customer support email that stated July...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Who is the email from? Then you would have a case against them. You should read the thread about the HTC Thrill on XDA forums. Same stuff different phone. Read up about the iPhone and MMS. That isn't a hard date and there is a disclaimer subject to change. Their ,ore popular devices will always be updated first

0 Likes
glockberg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Soon in dog years, or human years?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Show me this road map that Verizon posted and not some leak. If HTC was the one that posted it then that's an even stronger case on HTC than Verizon. You also have to fit in the within reason clause which AT&T invoked for the iPhone with MMS lawsuits that happened the day after summer solstice.

0 Likes
glockberg
Enthusiast - Level 3

That is not my point. My point is the lack of the response from the company that I write a check to. I do feel it was misleading marketing however. That being said, Big Red needs to step up and Officially respond to customers.

0 Likes