Re: ICS UPDATE FOR HTC REZOUND
sweeneytodd1981
Enthusiast - Level 2

ahhhh thank u ann i appreciate it i just tired of verizon jerking me around i spend good money every month i pay on time and i feel like im getting crapped on cus verizon wont tell us anything totaly messed up

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If you want updates as quickly as possible it will be best to get it from the play store.  They do not sell CDMA versions as they work differently so updates will come but not as fast as GSM versions.

ann beat me to it lol

a side.  No carrier will ever give a date.  Especially since the MMS lawsuits that happened when AT&T said MMS was coming to the iPhone.  They said end of summer and the day after the end of summer 8 lawsuits were filed.  So I don't expect any carrier or manufacturer ever give an end date, but will give a beginning date (press releases stating these devices will be updated etc.)

0 Likes
sweeneytodd1981
Enthusiast - Level 2

yah just as she replied i saw that worked for 2 cell phone companies who r gsm and im not touching them 90 percent of the people i talk to r on verizon so i have no need to go to another carrier i am just tired of getting jerked around by verizon

0 Likes
Rhino41
Enthusiast - Level 2

The most positive way to look at this is to view it as an opportunity to encourage Verizon to meet its obligations.  There are a number of outside agencies that can be contacted, including political leaders in tight elections, that can talk to Verizon.  My letters start going out Wednesday.

0 Likes
das0527v2_0
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good call, Rhino. I'll be contacting my state attorney general consumer fraud department today.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Rhino41 wrote:

The most positive way to look at this is to view it as an opportunity to encourage Verizon to meet its obligations.  There are a number of outside agencies that can be contacted, including political leaders in tight elections, that can talk to Verizon.  My letters start going out Wednesday.

What obligation? When have they given a date or deadline.  The BBB, and FTC will have to see something with a date to do anything.  Leaks prove that it is being worked on, and can be delivered.  Motorola Cliq from 2 years ago showed this president in the route you are going.

Just saying...  I know yall want your update, and it will come.

0 Likes
das0527v2_0
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone who bought a Rezound and trusted those two companies should get an embossed apology packaged with a refund and a (Edited to comply with VZW Community ToS) Nexus device. They're slinging blame back and forth like spoiled children while leaving their customers in the dark with no useful information. And when the users try to take matters into their own hands by supporting the work of an amazing dev community - who did what VZW and HTC apparently can't - the only thing they get for it is a spanking and a voided warranty. They don't give a ((Edited to comply with VZW Community ToS) about supporting the users who have already paid their money. Instead they rave about other fancy new phones they've released with the very software others of us have been waiting for since the Rezound launched back in mid November. Is this their idea of good customer service and ethical business practices? I don't have any more respect for VZW and HTC than I do of Apple, and that's the bottom of the ((Edited to comply with VZW Community ToS) barrel.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Rhino41
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tidbits wrote:

Rhino41 wrote:

What obligation? When have they given a date or deadline.  The BBB, and FTC will have to see something with a date to do anything.  Leaks prove that it is being worked on, and can be delivered.  Motorola Cliq from 2 years ago showed this president in the route you are going.

Just saying...  I know yall want your update, and it will come.

I'm sure Verizon will be proud to compare their performance to the news release touting the Rezound, particularly to the staffs of politicians in an election year. They are going to get the chance to do that starting tomorrow.  It is just altruism on my part.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If people put that kind of effort that truly matters more than likely we wouldn't be in this financial straights we are in now...

No politician is going to advertise this because it is not big enough to sway votes...

0 Likes
Rhino41
Enthusiast - Level 2

It will be fun to watch. If a lot of people do the same thing it will increase the temperature. The goal is to change the constants in the cost/benefit equation.

0 Likes