Re: ICS UPDATE FOR HTC REZOUND
wayne8821212
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks to gifted developers, many bug-free and relatively bug-free versions of ICS for the Rezound running Sense 3.6 or Sense 4.0 have been out there since March. I imagine that the first Jellybean versions for the Rezound are already in the on-deck circle.

kzerefos
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the info.  Guess I just can't understand why HTC has such a hard time with their software upgrades.  Unless it's Verizon's bloat that is causing compatibility issues....either way it is a hard road for the consumer. 

0 Likes
Rhino41
Enthusiast - Level 2

The issue isn't that Verizon couldn't have delivered as promised.  They have chosen not to by not allocating the resources to get the job done.  Dealing with HTC and Google may be problematic but Verizon should have managed those relationships months ago. They also must not have a PR department anyone in the company listens to.  Perhaps that can be changed.

coreyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

2012-07-25_17-49-01 copy.png2012-07-25_17-49-27.png2012-07-25_17-49-56.png2012-07-25_17-50-04.png2012-07-25_17-50-30.png2012-07-25_17-51-04.png2012-07-25_17-51-28.png

0 Likes
Bizzy_RCSAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Someone that here's ppl complain all day would say stop complaining and no

meid is something most consumers get a little confused abt..but again HTC &

Android/Google are the ones responsible for SW updates. VZW is the service

provider, not the OS provider or the phone manufacturer and as far as

living with my mom let's not get personal (removed to comply with VZW Community ToS)..I was simply telling u

your complaining to the wrong company. Actually trying to tell u to

complain to Google or HTC since they are the ones holding the Rezound back

from it...

Message was edited by: Community Coordinator

0 Likes
ICS UPDATE FOR HTC REZOUND
dbWarrior
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, it seems like this might be for real this time.... but don't hold your breath.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/07/25/htc-rezound-ice-cream-sandwich-update-roll-out-imminent/

0 Likes
cansofspam
Enthusiast - Level 3

You seem to be missing some basic facts.

Facts:

1. Google released the source to ics in November 2011. At this point Google is done with developing software for your phone (excepting updates, as below)
    1. The most recent ics is 4.0.4, this update came in march 2012. (4.0.3 was Dec 2011)
  2. HTC built the heir apparent release (3.14.605.10) on Jun 20th
  3. Verizon has had it in "testing" for qa ever since.

is it possible vzw sent it back to HTC at some point for a rework? of course it is.

• ESP since there is another build floating around.

Regardless... Google has had zilch to do with the delay. Since, as above, they've been done with development since 2011 (3.14.605.10 is based on 4.0.3)

If it is the case that the new build (*.12) is the ota, blame is on HTC and vzw.

If it is the case that the June 20th build is the ota unchanged, blame rests only with vzw. (well, short-term blame; HTC would still have a share of blame till Jun 20th)

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It would nice to see this update get pushed out soon. Especially since it appears the Droid Razr update is winding down. (More space on the VZW servers to push the update!)

BTW, is your screen name all about Spam the canned meat product?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
glockberg
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree with canofspam. There may or may not have been bugs with the last leaked version. If that is the case, then Verizon, as a customer oriented business, should just flat out say so, and COMMUNICATE, with their customers. This is just good business. However, if the OTA is the *.10 June 20th version and it is the OTA, then, without any word from HTC or Verizon, we can come up with loads of reasons including corporate marketing of newer products versus the support for loyal customers as the reason or just plain indifference. In either case, it is poor customer service and a bad business practice.

Someone posted earlier that we are complaining to the wrong company. Well, I disagree, we pay the provider for a service to include making good their marketing promises of upgrades and services. I don't pay HTC or Google directly. Verizon subsidizes their devices and markets them as do the other phone companies. Since we pay Verizon then it is their responsibility to support the customer and their devices and represent concerns to the hardware or software providers. If my Honda breaks down that would be like the dealership saying that I need to call Osaka, Japan- they made the car. While in comparison to life's problems, this is really a minor frustration, I do pay a lot of my quickly shrinking money for my family plan with 4 phones.

Sorry, HTC, Google and the providers cannot just point fingers at each other. While the fault may lay outside of Verizon, they are the provider and thus are accountable to the people that just made their last quarterly report glowing while other companies are struggling. So, VZW, if you are listening, all you have to do is let the customers know what is happening. 

0 Likes
frantz2007

Screen Shot 2012-07-26 at 1.37.27 PM.png

I saw this a few minutes ago so its on the way just no ETA

0 Likes