Re: ICS UPDATE FOR HTC REZOUND
Coolavin

If nothing gets updated by the end of August I think a class action law suit is called needed.  They are not delivering what they stated when we all purchased the Rezound.

0 Likes
kzerefos
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am aware of slow update schedules, but this phone was advertised differently than anything I've seen really in the past.  I have put off going the other route for some time now because I was looking for the official OTA but I might not have much choice.  The point I have personally been trying to make keeps falling on deaf ears.  Simply put, say what you mean and mean what you say.  I've seen both ends of the spectrum and I don't want to deal with major bugs ( or any for that matter, but we have to be realistic lol).  I've also seen some great improvements throughout the evolution of the Android OS.  If there is a problem with the build, communicate it.  Especially after you've past your own anticipated release schedule.  I'm not trying to be difficult, but I've seen some of the posts on the forums lately that make me not want to be involved anymore.  Too many people, who haven't even been here that long, sitting on their high horses while handing out sarcastic remarks.  To some people, the software is important and they would like to receive it OTA and for others, installing a leaked build works fine.  No need for attitudes/sarcasm in here.

0 Likes
Rhino41
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm going to ask for financial compensation or the option to switch phones to the phone of my choice for free at the end of the July if no ICS. I paid top dollar for my Rezound with the promise of ICS the first part of the year.  Without that promise I would have chosen a different phone and possibly a different carrier. In rural areas it is good to have two chances for coverage.  A $200 credit would be fair.  If no response it is letters to the BBB, state attorney general, federal trade commission, a senator running for reelection, etc.  Small claims might be a better venue than a class action depending on the state but there may be a lawyer who will take a potential class action.  In psychology this is called behavior modification.

Bizzy_RCSAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let's say I work for one of the 3 companies mentioned..and forums are

noting but people looking for answers..and if u exchanged it u got dif

model number that was not the one u purchased on the launch date. Have a

great day

On Jul 25, 2012 12:26 PM, "LGonsalves" <community@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
kzerefos
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, that explains a lot.  I didn't realize that exchanging my phone gave me a different "model" number.  I take it that you are referring to the  MEID since I clearly stated that I exchanged my Rezound for another Rezound lol.  You work for one of the 3 companies mentioned, I think not.  See, a representative from any of the 3 companies mentioned wouldn't tell customers to quit complaining, let alone not know the difference between a model # and MEID # or IMEI.  You think that XDA and the others are just people looking for answers, you need to move out of your mom's house and maybe apply to one of the 3 companies mentioned before you say that you work for them.  Good day.

0 Likes
coreyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am with everyone that this waiting for the update is getting very irritating. Were were promised the update early in the year and it is now getting toward middle-end of the year. However you don't want the release that is currently out. I have the release that was on the HTC website from the short time it was there. I will tell you that the battery life is awesome and the features are great, but there are a ton of bugs that are in it that at times get really annoying. I do not have my phone unlocked or rooted or anything this is the official update leak that they were going to push out. So yes I know it is irritating and they should have had all the bugs fixed by now but do you really want an unfinished update?

dbWarrior
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Rezound would be my third HTC Phone. I switched to
Verizon in November when Sprint reduced its programs that allowed a new phone
every year and gave benefits for longevity. I have never seen a company, Verizon;
treat its customer so badly. The promises to upgrade and then ignore tactics
are bad for business. All companies that become too big seem to cross the same
pattern. They rise to power and fail to handle their customers as in years past.
In other words the things they did to get them where they are become the same
things that take them down. Look at all the companies that come to power and
failed. Other companies see this type of failure and strive to take customers
away from the power by giving them good products, service, and most of all good
customer service. That is all any customer wants. Unlike this scenario… baited
with a promise and then MOST of all INGNORED like we don’t mean anything to
Verizon. I beg to differ…. We mean EVERYTHING to Verizon and I guess they like
the powers before them will fail.

0 Likes
kzerefos
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey coreyd, thanks for your post.  What bugs are you dealing with right now?  I've said before that I don't want an update that is going to be a major PITA but communication would be awesome. 

0 Likes
coreyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here is a list of bugs Ive found so far

• new gmail widget will not refresh half of the time
  • sometimes having trouble when switching from wifi back to 4G that I have to reboot to get mobile network on.
  • although the battery life is much better sometimes the battery icon will get stuck and then after a couple of hours jump from full to half.
  • also when configuring some of the lock screens the sample of the lock screen will be off from what you are actually trying to apply
  • when you open the browser when you go to type in a url in the address bar instead of highlighting the text automatically like it did before, right now I have to hold down on it and select all every time
  • One thing I don't like is that instead of being able to completely turn off mobile view in the browser you have to select desktop view in every site.
  • there are other little things where the phone will hiccup just depending on what I am doing and I have to restart it.

Although it does have some issues I can see where they are going with it and its going to be amazing once all the bugs are out. Probably my favorite feature of it is you can completely disable all of the bloatware verizon puts on the phone. You still cant uninstall it but when you disable it, it doesn't show up in app drawer, doesn't try to update in market, doesn't use cpu,etc. It is pretty amazing

I will post some different screenshots if it will let me

0 Likes
dtanner
Enthusiast - Level 2

Add network dropouts and apps crashing to that list.

0 Likes